What's new

Razorock Baby Blue - WOW!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Based on the outstanding reviews, I decided to purchase Razorock Baby Blue aftershave. All I can say is I am happy I did! The smell is powdery blue - pretty much just as described. And it is subtle enough so as not to offend anyone, yet distinct enough that I can still get a pleasant whiff whenever I want. Unlike other RR scents that are practically colognes (e.g., Son of Zeus) and are much too strong for me, the RRBB scent has just the right amount of staying power.

The skin conditioning and healing does not seem to be quite as good as my go-to for after a rough shave, Krampert's Finest Frostbite, but it still provides much better healing than, say, Myrsol. And the bottle is huge, and was well-wrapped so it wouldn't leak.

This is another outstanding offering from RR...

How does it compare to Floid Blue, which I assume is the inspiration for Baby Blue?

They are different. Baby Blue is modeled after Vito's aftershave. Baby Blue is a powdery citrus scent and Floid is like a refined Aqua Velva. Also, Floid contains menthol and Baby Blue is menthol free.

Used this last night and it's great , bought a couple more when they had it for sale on deal of the day

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Though I have never tried Floid Blue, from my understanding it's similar to Mrysol Blue. I have this, and while it's alright, it doesn't knock my socks off. I guess I am just not a huge fan of barbershop scents.

Contrast this with Baby Blue. It's a sweet blue scent, kinda like a clean melon (don't know if that makes sense?) Anyway, I just find it to be perfect, by far my favorite aftershave so far in terms of scent.

How does it compare to Floid Blue, which I assume is the inspiration for Baby Blue?

I read that it is rebranded Vitos dopobarba 400ml aftershave, with a different colour, but the same scent.

Since I can get the Vitos products, but the RR products are not sold here, I cannot compare.

But the glass bottle looks identical to the bottles that Vitos uses, so I would not be surprised.

Only thing that surprises me ... why replace a beautiful name like "Vitos dopobarba fluido" by a silly name like "Baby Blue"?

Edit: what really surprises me ... a few months ago there was talk of the Vitos AS splashes not being imported into America anymore, because of the bottle and cap design (reports of leaking) ... however, from the pictures of the "Baby Blue" AS, it looks they are using the same Vitos bottle! Did they solve the supposed leaking issue somehow?

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Too funny! You are 100% correct. The reason for the name switch is that RR is trying to establish itself as a premium brand at less-than-premium prices. It would do the RR brand no good to sell Vitos.

This process (it's called international co-manufacturing, for those who care) actually means that all kinds of goods are made by other companies... and we never know about it.

Vitos Aftershave 400 mL:
[FONT=open_sansregular]Scent: Sweet and powdery, hint of citrus.[/FONT]
Razorock Baby Blue Aftershave 400 mL:
Scent: Powdery with a hint Sweet Citrus

I read that it is rebranded Vitos dopobarba 400ml aftershave, with a different colour, but the same scent.

Since I can get the Vitos products, but the RR products are not sold here, I cannot compare.

But the glass bottle looks identical to the bottles that Vitos uses, so I would not be surprised.

Only thing that surprises me ... why replace a beautiful name like "Vitos dopobarba fluido" by a silly name like "Baby Blue"?

Edit: what really surprises me ... a few months ago there was talk of the Vitos AS splashes not being imported into America anymore, because of the bottle and cap design (reports of leaking) ... however, from the pictures of the "Baby Blue" AS, it looks they are using the same Vitos bottle! Did they solve the supposed leaking issue somehow?

When I got my bottle it was extremely well-wrapped many times over, plus there was a plastic stopper in the bottle (which I took to be a flow restricter, but it's actually a stopper). No leaking issues.

HOWEVER, the white cap will not close onto the bottle tight, it's always loose. This is very frustrating.

Last edited:
When I got my bottle it was extremely well-wrapped many times over, plus there was a plastic stopper in the bottle (which I took to be a flow restricter, but it's actually a stopper). No leaking issues.

HOWEVER, the white cap will not close onto the bottle tight, it's always loose.

Yes, sounds definitely like a Vitos bottle.

Too funny! You are 100% correct. The reason for the name switch is that RR is trying to establish itself as a premium brand at less-than-premium prices. It would do the RR brand no good to sell Vitos.

I guess that my peeve is not with the rebranding (many companies sell rebadged products), but with the dorky names. Sound a bit like a disgrace to the original Italian products to me.

They are different. Baby Blue is modeled after Vito's aftershave. Baby Blue is a powdery citrus scent and Floid is like a refined Aqua Velva. Also, Floid contains menthol and Baby Blue is menthol free.

Thanks for the comparison. When I first saw your topic I thought BB would be a duplicate of my Floid Blue since the bottle and cap are so similar.

I guess that my peeve is not with the rebranding (many companies sell rebadged products), but with the dorky names. Sound a bit like a disgrace to the original Italian products to me.

True, but that's not out of character for RazoRock. Just look at some of the tacky product names and logos (especially on some of the soaps) and the rip-off Vloid (although that's pretty much trademark infringement). Personally, I love classy packaging and branding and am willing to pay more for it.

That seems a bit harsh, considering Joe from Italian Barber (who's also of Italian heritage) is working with the artisans that created some of these original products. Some of the names are dedicated to cities or specific people,, some friends and others...family. That seems pretty classy to me.

Last edited:
Some of the names are dedicated to cities or specific people,, some friends and others...family. That seems pretty classy to me.

That may be, but names like "Mudder Fockr", "Tight Buns", "Son of Zeus", and "Baby Blue" are, to me, a far cry from how the European (Italian) soap makers call their products.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
That may be, but names like "Mudder Fockr", "Tight Buns", "Son of Zeus", and "Baby Blue" are, to me, a far cry from how the European (Italian) soap makers call their products.

I can see where you are coming from... these names are tacky. Bear in mind though, that IB's whole strategy is to bring European products to America for cheap. Maybe this says something about our culture?

I can see where you are coming from... these names are tacky. Bear in mind though, that IB's whole strategy is to bring European products to America for cheap. Maybe this says something about our culture?

I think it just says that Joe has a sense of humor and isn't afraid to share it. Shaving shouldn't be serious and I think Joe reminds us of this sometimes. At the root of everything, this is just shaving.

Top Bottom