What's new

RazoRock "Amici" Brush

Waiting for that tracking number to show up in my email ...

I would be surprised if he's able to get them all shipped today as im sure he was swamped with orders over the weekend. I'd imagine most people will have it by the end of the week though.

Got my tracking too, but it will take 3 or 4 days to get to me even though I'm only a 3 hour drive away.
Canada Post :cursing:

Got my tracking too, but it will take 3 or 4 days to get to me even though I'm only a 3 hour drive away.
Canada Post :cursing:

That's very odd, I'm about 60 minutes away and my dozen or so orders from IB always arrived next day. I'm in Milton though, so not exactly rural.

Just a few of my thoughts:

Joe and RazoRock rocks, simple as that :punk:

Amici is going to be a fantastic brush, and remember Joe made this happen for true RazoRockers, not just any guy on the forums. Hence the name which means friends.

About the SOC SE, it wasn't that highly received because it was a bit high in price, not a true LE, and it had a feel of been done before. Same SOC handle, same LE '11 handle material. I knew it'd be a good brush, but it wasn't worth it to me. Amici is worth it to me

Im not countering or rebutting any of you guys, thems just a few of my thoughts on the whole thing should anyone give a hoot what I think :biggrin1:

I for one think Joseph did an amazing job at getting Semogue to allow him to market them as Semogue/RazoRock brushes. And we all know Joseph is not upselling these for a ton of money, that's not his style.

So unless anyone has a time machine and can go back and scoop up all the original Caravelas, I think this is an amazing effort and feat on his part and we shouldn't be comparing prices from 3 years ago to today.

I don't think anyone was (or ever could be) accusing Joe of upselling these for a ton of money - definitely not his style. And while I'm not comparing the price to the 3 year old Caravela that isn't available, my problem is this price is close enough to the SOC 2-band badger that I've been wanting for a while to start considering that one again - I had already convinced myself I couldn't justify the cost right now.

Has anyone tried both the SOC 2-band and a Caravela/2012 SE? How do these knots compare?

Also, for those of you that have tried the Caravela, how heavy is the handle? I prefer to have some weight to my brushes, and I don't know why - maybe cause it looks a little translucent, but it doesn't look as 'weighty' as the 2012 SE.

Finally, do you gents figure this particular mixed knot is going to eventually become a standard offering by Semogue or reserved for special occasions? It seems to get universal praise.

Thanks

Has anyone tried both the SOC 2-band and a Caravela/2012 SE? How do these knots compare?

I had a 2-band and currently have the SE and they are both awesome brushes, but it's tough to compare the directly because they have two different knots. The 2-band had great backbone with decently soft tips. The SE is the best of both worlds with the 2-band hair and the same boar hair found in the SOC. It really is an awesome knot. I was initially undecided on the Amici because I do have the SE and it's the same knot but I ended up getting it anyway because I really like the knot and the Amici's handle.

I had a 2-band and currently have the SE and they are both awesome brushes, but it's tough to compare the directly because they have two different knots. The 2-band had great backbone with decently soft tips. The SE is the best of both worlds with the 2-band hair and the same boar hair found in the SOC. It really is an awesome knot. I was initially undecided on the Amici because I do have the SE and it's the same knot but I ended up getting it anyway because I really like the knot and the Amici's handle.

Both are great brushes. The SOC Two band is softer with a super dense knot. The 2012 SE is not quite as soft but has a ton of backbone. Tough to go wrong with either of them.If it means anything, my LE 2012 is dedicated to my favorite soap, Tabac.

That is very true. It was too late for me to jump on the list, when I read the release thread. Oh well, will grab the next one.

Some people are opting out as they have the Semogue LE's or a Caravela already. I would contact Joe at IB and see what is available. You may be in luck.

I know the Amici will be loved by all who get their soapy fingers on it. I have the SOC SE 2012 and the Il Rasoio-2012. Both mixies and I love them both, each special in their own rite. The Se is a larger knot and has a heavier handle. The IR is smaller and lighter but I use them both all the time. Once I started doing Boar I quit the badger fur and went strictly to Pig. But, I love the mixies and rotate through them every few days. Can't thank Joseph enough for bringing back the lost Caravella and the price charged is totally acceptable for what I'm sure it'll be. Xmas will come early for me in this valley

My order has shipped too! The Amici, ABCBA, and some other refill items I was out or low on.

$Kool-Aid.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom