What's new

Razorock after shave splashes and other great aftershave splashes.....!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock Blue Barber aftershave: There are not a lot reviews on this aftershave and some of the ones I watched on Youtube are fleeting thought. I had the Blue barber stick & "what the puck" soap and still enjoying it and wanted to compliment it with this aftershave. The aftershave has a stronger similar scent & of course trying to describe that scent it seems fresh but a sharp scent note that my senses like but it is confusing the exact distinction to word it so to speak.(maybe that is why I like it)
Cost:$12.00 US
Razorock Blue Barbershop A.S.jpg

Scent strength: 5-5.5/10 that is not over bearing but has some staying strength, 4-5.5hrs noticeable hrs depending on the amount applied but enjoyable for myself. Office folks or crowded area would pick up the scent possibly for first 1- 2hrs after applied. The scent is unique in that it has a high note when dried that is hard to describe (when dried on skin it has a freshness high note & almost like after a shower Irish spring Blue fresh soap scent:rolleyes:) and guys will like this if they want something with staying power IMO.
It might not be office friendly for some IMO(could dilute with witch hazel) and the wife is suspicious:flowers: and would not want her in the car after 15 minutes of applying to give my little secret away:laugh: . I applied a little dab of blue barber aftershave mid arm to check periodically to get more noticeable scent time accurate.
Reactions: No complaints from folks around me yet . When applied you get a slight alcohol burn and while wet the scent changes a little but then it stays at that scent note to a slow fade over time. My skin showed no reactions and the post shave is very reasonable IMO with good skin tone and feel.
Paper business card test (NEW): I use some old paper business cards that I have to dab some Blue barber shop on and let dry and check periodically to smell how long the scent stays on the paper before it is not very noticeable. Approx 19+ hrs staying power you can still pick up slight traces of scent, this is different than on your skin it seems because of the powders that are added in formula are bone dry on the paper now & because your nose seems to deaden scent fragrance out within 10 minutes and most noses seems to pick up whiffs of it periodically with me anyways.

I’ve been eye balling the razo rock line, and I enjoy the amici one I have. I like your review on the razo rock blue, the what the puck one. Does anyone know if razo rock does like a bay rum?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Razorock Blue Barber aftershave: There are not a lot reviews on this aftershave and some of the ones I watched on Youtube are fleeting thought. I had the Blue barber stick & "what the puck" soap and still enjoying it and wanted to compliment it with this aftershave. The aftershave has a stronger similar scent & of course trying to describe that scent it seems fresh but a sharp scent note that my senses like but it is confusing the exact distinction to word it so to speak.(maybe that is why I like it)
Cost:$12.00 US
View attachment 916695
Scent strength: 5-5.5/10 that is not over bearing but has some staying strength, 4-5.5hrs noticeable hrs depending on the amount applied but enjoyable for myself. Office folks or crowded area would pick up the scent possibly for first 1- 2hrs after applied. The scent is unique in that it has a high note when dried that is hard to describe (when dried on skin it has a freshness high note & almost like after a shower Irish spring Blue fresh soap scent:rolleyes:) and guys will like this if they want something with staying power IMO.
It might not be office friendly for some IMO(could dilute with witch hazel) and the wife is suspicious:flowers: and would not want her in the car after 15 minutes of applying to give my little secret away:laugh: . I applied a little dab of blue barber aftershave mid arm to check periodically to get more noticeable scent time accurate.
Reactions: No complaints from folks around me yet . When applied you get a slight alcohol burn and while wet the scent changes a little but then it stays at that scent note to a slow fade over time. My skin showed no reactions and the post shave is very reasonable IMO with good skin tone and feel.
Paper business card test (NEW): I use some old paper business cards that I have to dab some Blue barber shop on and let dry and check periodically to smell how long the scent stays on the paper before it is not very noticeable. Approx 19+ hrs staying power you can still pick up slight traces of scent, this is different than on your skin it seems because of the powders that are added in formula are bone dry on the paper now & because your nose seems to deaden scent fragrance out within 10 minutes and most noses seems to pick up whiffs of it periodically with me anyways.
Excellent through review thx

Ron R

thank you, after going back and reading the descriptions, I learned that. Have you ever used it?
:001_smile:lol:You put a smile on my face this morning, all the aftershaves mentioned have been used and the Blue barber shop is the latest to my collection of aftershaves..... I bought 3 bottles of Blue barber shop last purchase at I.B, two bottles are for Christmas gifts, one for my son and the other is for the son in law & I think they will enjoy them.

Thanks for doing these. I enjoy seeing reviews that are more thorough than 'regular' customer reviews. I'd add that, for me, IB Amici has a lot more scent strength and staying power than it seems to have for you. I can still smell it on me after work.

The Italian barber amici was my introduction to razo rock........sure seems like you get a lot for your money with that line and all of the scents!

My next bottle will either be the American barber or the what the puck blue

Ron R

Thanks for doing these. I enjoy seeing reviews that are more thorough than 'regular' customer reviews. I'd add that, for me, IB Amici has a lot more scent strength and staying power than it seems to have for you. I can still smell it on me after work.
I really like the Amici splash and it's affordable for folks, it always reminds me of chewing the pink bubble-gum when I was tad younger.(nice memories) They use Red Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange ....that are great to smell.

used it today, first time in about a week, I do not get the bubble gum scent at all, weird how senses and smells can change from person to person

This is a great topic! Very helpful.

I was wondering if anyone tried the following aftershaves and what's your opinion:
Nomad
New York
Don Marco
Mudder Fokker

I always wonder how these scents compare to known perfumes/colognes

Ron R

I was wondering if anyone tried the following aftershaves and what's your opinion:
Nomad
New York
Don Marco
Mudder Fokker

I'm curious also because I have wanted to test those also. I have the Don Marco soap and it is a orange or Bergamot citrus scent and really enjoy that one all year round. -40C and it cheers me knowing there is some warm spot on the planet:cuppa::laugh:.

Tuscan Oud is a great AS. 4 small drops lasts all day. I love the scent as well. Last bottle cost me $8 because it was on sale.

Nomad
New York
Don Marco
Mudder Fokker

I have a Mudder Focker soap and splash.
Not good at describing smells but...
It is a fruity/citrusy with floral and some darker scents...reminds me of some nice incense. Through out are hints of black licorice.
Its one of my favorites.
Soap and splash are both solidly in my buy again list!

The soap rivals B&M for performance and post shave feel. Here in Canada I can buy both soap and splash for the cost of a B&M soap.

I haven't seen that one on Italianbarber, probably out of production, right?
Nevermind, I just found it... along with 5 more options. It was hard enough to choose from the ones I was seeing before, now I have more things to complicate my rabbit-hole purchases. For some reason my phone and Italianbarber don't get along very well.

Razorock should definitely sell a sampler of the aftershave fragrances... just too many enticing options to try them all at 100ml

Nomad
New York
Don Marco
Mudder Fokker

I have the Nomad splash. Not a bad scent but it's not THAT manly, probably because it is based on the Penhaligons Zizonia, which is unisex.

I also got the Carribean Holiday. Much better and even suitable for winter.

All in all, the best splashes from RR hands down is Stallion, xXx, Carribbean Holiday, Tuscan Oud.

The most powerful and long lasting scents are Tuscan Oud & Stallion.

Top Bottom