What's new

Razorock after shave splashes and other great aftershave splashes.....!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You know when you buy a after shave product on line its hard to determine if you are going to like it. I find that sometimes the retail sites can be more one sided by patrons and can be also accurate if a person has a good experience. Everyone is so different to scent strengths.
Italian barber Amici: a very nice not over powering after shave that lasts a 2-4 hours.
Scent Strength: 4/10 more to my liking and wife's. Fits the producers description to a tee.(Citrus & some spices- check their discription )
Cost : Very reasonable priced <$10.00
Reactions: skin loves it and most people do not react negative when applied to skin-not a Cologne that lasts for 8-12 hrs.

Ron R

Nivea Aftershave: a very nice clean refreshing scent.
Scent Strength:3-4/10 and it nice to smell for the short time its on the skin.Its a refreshing scent that is pleasant, Nivea does a poor job of discription-I can not find a description, I guess you smell it at the store IMO.
Cost :Very reasonable <$10.00
Reactions :Skin likes it not over powering to the nose and others do not complain. Lasts 1 to 3 hrs and its not a cologne that lasts.

Ron R

Razorock Stallion A.S splash: A very strong sweet scent cologne almost splash, bought some on cyber Friday last yr.
I ended up giving it to my son for Christmas, I can not handle strong scents.
Scent strength:7-8/10 that is more a cologne in my mind.Fits the producer description! Long lasting also!
Cost: <$10.00US and that is a good deal for a stronger scent but the wife complains of the scent strength and it is over powering to my sensitive nose.
Reactions: No skin reactions but over powering the nose, the wife did not care for it- but some just love this one. Not for me and wife.

Ron R

RazoRock Auqua : Its a complicated scent to describe but it does smell like the Mediterranean ocean at times.
Scent Strength :7-8/10 and is more like a cologne and lasts a long time. I dilute it with witch hazel 4-5:1 with witch hazel being the dominant lexer.
Cost: <$10.00 US and is a good price for a stronger scent that lasts a long time.
Reactions : No skin reactions but is a stronger scent that is reasonable but the wife does not care for that much for.
Diluted it is alright for me and it still lasts a long time- not one of my favorites.

Ron R

Pinaud Clubman: It has a nice strong sweet flowery scent to me. More like a cologne that lasts for hrs.
Scent strength : 7-8/10 scent strength that is more like a cologne to me, I dilute it with Witch hazel to 4:1 with a little lemon essenstial oil to make it more to my liking. Witch Hazel being the dominate lexer in my formula.
Cost : <10.00 US and you get a lot for that 6oz! Good deal for a cologne type aftershave.
Reactions: Skin accepts it and the wife does not care for the stronger scent, When I dilute it I 4:1 with witch hazel It is more to my liking. In a crowded office people are going to notice Clubman guaranteed with different expressions both positive and negative.I use it on Clubman Fridays and other days I like something a little different!

Ron R

Has anyone tried the Razorock Nomad aftershave, on my next order I was thinking of trying that one?

Ron R

Thayers medicated super Witch hazel with Aloe: A very nice alcohol astringent to help the the skin heal after a close shave.
Scent strength: 1-2/10 a very nice clove spice scent that only lasts for about 1/2 hr.
Cost: <$20.00 US and is found widely in herb stores and online.
Reactions:Skin likes this product with the different natural ingredients and has denatured grain alcohol to clean the skin. No one complains about this scent because its weak or soft and usually the person who applies it is the fortunate person to enjoy the fragrance.:001_wub:

Ron R

Alum: Aluminum potassium sulfate that is used to clean the skin and close small lesions of the skin (Weepers).
Cost: <$6.00 and is ready available at any shaving supplier.
Scent: 0/10 unless you taste it and you will not care for it.
Reactions: Skin seems to like it and should be applied with cold water on beard area only and cold water on alum block also, objective is to seal or firm the skin and also a cheap astringent. Leave on skin for 30 seconds or more and cold water wash it off is recommended. The Alum (salt)will sting a little in areas that have been subjected to razor blade burn or nicks and lesions(a test on how good a shave you did). Used in small quantities is not considered a health issue, it's used in food processing vegetables and foods for preserving but not as much as in the past from my quick research. No scent so no positive or negative complaints.

Ron R

Love my alum block! I use one after every shave in conjunction with my AS splash or balm.
I like to use it also and try to alternate with witch hazel, no weepers I always like to reach for Thayers witch hazel or dickensons witch hazel. I never knew about alum until I started DE wet shaving- a good tool to indicate a good shave when you can not feel the Alum!

Ron R

Fine Fresh Vetiver: When you first apply this great aftershave the Vetiver's fresh scent is there and then a nice mild burning effect from the alcohol and then a cooling effect from the methanol while the whole time the unique souring scent(that is what comes to mind) is clinging to the skin.:001_wub:
I bought this one from a youtube recommendation "Nick Shaves" who also uses it and he enjoys Vetiver.
Cost:$20.00
Scent strength: 4/10 that is not strong but has some staying strength 3-5hrs but enjoyable for myself.
Reactions: No complaints from folks around me and of course the wife, I think she likes this one. There is the first minute a mild alcohol stinging burn that some like and then a slightly cooling effect (Menthonal) that you do not get with most Aftershaves that is really unique IMO (Warm To Cool). Skin had no irritations and looking forward to using this great treat of a aftershave splash.
proxy.php

Ron R

Razorock Emperor: This aftershave is Razorock's impression of Creed Adventus which has a great blend of Pineapple, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Smoke & Leather. My take of it is a fairly mid scent that is not obnoxious but a more gentler citrus scent with a smoke leather scent that is near the end of its usefulness as a aftershave.
Cost: $12.99- very resonable
Scent strength: 3.5-4/10 just right for a Aftershave .Staying power is around 1-3 hours depending on amount applied which is just right for my desire.(not a cologne:thumbsup:)
Reactions: No one really notices me in a room and wife does not complain(she will if it irritates her).No skin irritations and has slight burn when applied from alcohol. I kind of like this one but should of bought the soap to compliment it and bring out the strength. Aftershaves are for the user to enjoy, cologne's are for every one to notice or a statement.
proxy.php

Ron R

Proraso (Red) Sandal wood: it is a fairly well formulated aftershave with Shea and sandalwood essential oils combined to make a nice mild tranquil scent that is pleasant to myself.
Cost:$16.00 and is well affordable for most.
Scent strength: 4.5-5.5/10 and has some staying power that will linger 3-5 hrs depending on amount applied.
Reactions:No one should find it a offense scent IMO because its a warm sweet aroma of sandal wood and Shea butter.
Skin had no reactions to it and I rather enjoy the aroma and the wife seems not to be offended or others around me.
The shaving cabinet sure has a nice scent when a little is spilled on the bottle while applying to hand to splash on face.
Post shave after applying Proraso red A.S is positive because it seems to add moisture back to skin.

proxy.php

Proraso (Red) Sandal wood: it is a fairly well formulated aftershave with Shea and sandalwood essential oils combined to make a nice mild tranquil scent that is pleasant to myself.
Scent strength: 4.5-5.5/10 and has some staying power that will linger 3-5 hrs depending on amount applied.
Reactions:No one should find it a offense scent IMO because its a warm sweet aroma of sandal wood and Shea butter.
Skin had no reactions to it and I rather enjoy the aroma and the wife seems not to be offended or others around me.
The shaving cabinet sure has a nice scent when a little is spilled on the bottle while applying to hand to splash on face.
Post shave after applying Proraso red A.S is positive because it seems to add moisture back to skin.

proxy.php

Proraso Red is great indeed!

I find that the Sandalwood scent calms down rather quickly for me now after application, a I experience more of the shea and a light powdery freshness in the longer run. It is the same for the soap. Very enjoyable!

proxy.php

Thanks for the reviews. Both the soap and AS are great. It will always have a place on my shelf.

Ron R

I contribute to another site also and thought this might help if folks are thinking about Aftershaves.
I have some more aftershaves coming in and will add to chart picture when I have them figured out were they are on the chart.(green identifier rings are my favorites.)
20180623_123346_crop_619x470[86444].jpg

Have some great after>shaves:a8:

Top Bottom