What's new

Razorock 400 knock offs.

Being a big fan of the original Rubberset 400 Aluminum handled brushes, I had to see the the Razorock 400. I bought 2 of them from Itailian Barber and they arrived yesterday. I must say the handles are quite impressive. Heavier in the hand than the original Ribberset. Not sure what to think about the "Plissoft" synthetic knots. Like nothing I've ever seen. Silky soft, but seem to lack much backbone. I will update the review after a couple of test shaves. The handles are awesome and if I hate the brush, I'll just replace with a badger knot. They look and feel sweet. RazorRocks on the left and Rubbersets on the right.
0715170826.jpg

Its all one piece Ian. If I decide to change knots, it will have to be drilled out, but I don't mind.

Thanks Ronnie!! But it still looks like I'm going to have to get a couple, as I like the 400 but they will be :badger: or I might even get boar and a badger. After I drill the synthetic knot out as I don't care much for the synthetic knots.

Last edited:
Too bad he won't do a boar version of them. He said there's not enough boar brush sales to justify it. :001_unsur
I believe synthetic brushes have usurped boar brush sales in the past two years and it might be that many folks find synthetics much easier to work.

Too bad he won't do a boar version of them. He said there's not enough boar brush sales to justify it. :001_unsur
I asked and received the same response. If you look at the RR offerings there is one boar knot available in olive, cherry, or plastic handle. That's it. Meanwhile RR offer numerous badgers and an ever growing list of synths. The future isn't real bright for boar brushes-- at least in North America.

Yes but I can get the brushes and drill the synths out, and replace with a badger and a boar as I all ready have a Rubberset 400 with a badger in it

Shaved this morning with the Silver RazoRock 400. Initial experience is, it generates and holds a lot of lather as its a large brush. Very soft, but not floppy. Much different than anything I'm used to, being a strict badger guy. The lather was great and the shave was good, but the jury is still out on this one. I want to shave a few more times to see if it grows on me. Certainly interesting.

Hmmm sounds interesting Mate, as I have only one synthetic. nice brush but its the bump in the middle that I feel when using. keep us posted on this one Ronnie please if you don't mind.

I asked and received the same response. If you look at the RR offerings there is one boar knot available in olive, cherry, or plastic handle. That's it. Meanwhile RR offer numerous badgers and an ever growing list of synths. The future isn't real bright for boar brushes-- at least in North America.

We probably sell 100 RazoRock Plissofts for every 1 RazoRock Boar. The boar brush market has really declined a lot, Omega boar brush sales probably down 80-90% from 2-3 years ago.

We probably sell 100 RazoRock Plissofts for every 1 RazoRock Boar. The boar brush market has really declined a lot, Omega boar brush sales probably down 80-90% from 2-3 years ago.

I grasp the opportunity to ask. Is this one of your brushes rebranded or is it a very good imitation? Because it looks very similar to your "barber handle" brush.

proxy.php

Boarpocalypse is upon us! I'd better buy up all your stock!

Seriously, though, this makes me sad.

I grasp the opportunity to ask. Is this one of your brushes rebranded or is it a very good imitation? Because it looks very similar to your "barber handle" brush.

proxy.php
Hmmm. Looks a lot like the long-lost Shave Revolution Evolution brush. If it is, it used to come with a different fibre than the one Joe uses.

Hmmm. Looks a lot like the long-lost Shave Revolution Evolution brush. If it is, it used to come with a different fibre than the one Joe uses.

It's sold by an irish firm called "Manly Stuff". Anyway, i am not crazy about the handle, nor the knot. I want boar brushes for sure, this is an afterthought. I have 2 S-brushes and the thing that annoys me, is that they have an unnatural springyness, which appears to be more or less present in all synthetics.

Top Bottom