What's new

Razorock 0.68 game changer

About 2 weeks ago I bought a .68 razorock game changer off the bst. I've been happily using it every day since.

My prior favorite razors were the razorock Mamba and feather AS D2 followed closely by the vintage Gillette tech. But the game changer is just a bit better. Shaves a bit closer with less effort. No nicks or weepers period. It's a razor i could happily use every day for the rest of my life. But probably won't because I like some variety.

I like the super knurl handle too. Razorock just makes incredibly high quality products. If you want a true lifetime razor at a reasonable razorock is the bomb in my humble opinion.

Newb question...

Does the .68 refer to mildness...or the smaller the number the more mild it is?

Newb question...

It's blade gap which is a measure of mildness or aggressiveness. The bigger the gap the more aggressive the razor in general.

The game changer comes in .68 and .84 versions.

Newb question...

The efficiency (ability to remove lots of stubble in a small number of passes) and aggressiveness (the tendency of the razor to feel harsh on the face or to inflict cuts/weepers/nicks if not wielded properly) are determined by a lot of things, blade gap being just one of them, and nowhere near the most important, in my opinion.
More important than blade gap, in my opinion, is blade exposure, which is how far the blade sticks out across an imaginary line that connects the safety bar and the top cap. Some razors actually have negative blade exposure, which means that the blade won't even contact the skin unless a slight bit of pressure is applied. The more blade exposure there is, the more you will feel the blade and the more likely it is that the blade will injure the skin, especially if you don't have rock solid technique. Other features of the geometry of a razor, as well as the weight and balance of a razor, can impact aggressiveness and efficiency.

IF, and ONLY if, the blade exposure, weight, etc. is exactly the same, a razor with a larger blade gap is generally more efficient and possibly aggressive. Larger blade gaps also allow for more leeway in shaving angle, because razors with very small blade gaps and zero or very small exposure require strict maintenance of the proper angle in order to work efficiently.

I don't have a Game Changer, but I suspect that the 0.68 and the 0.84 razor heads are exactly the same in all areas except for the blade gap. If that is true, the 0.68 would be expected to be milder and less efficient.

About 2 weeks ago I bought a .68 razorock game changer off the bst. I've been happily using it every day since.

My prior favorite razors were the razorock Mamba and feather AS D2 followed closely by the vintage Gillette tech. But the game changer is just a bit better. Shaves a bit closer with less effort. No nicks or weepers period. It's a razor i could happily use every day for the rest of my life. But probably won't because I like some variety.

I like the super knurl handle too. Razorock just makes incredibly high quality products. If you want a true lifetime razor at a reasonable razorock is the bomb in my humble opinion.
No arguments here, I purchased the GC .84 about a month ago and it's a fantastic razor!

I'm glad that you like it! It's a very nice, mild razor.

I also feel that RazoRock is doing a fantastic job, offering a wide variety of affordable, high quality razors. It is great that some of their offerings are at the milder end of the spectrum.

Happy shaves! :)

The efficiency (ability to remove lots of stubble in a small number of passes) and aggressiveness (the tendency of the razor to feel harsh on the face or to inflict cuts/weepers/nicks if not wielded properly) are determined by a lot of things, blade gap being just one of them, and nowhere near the most important, in my opinion.
More important than blade gap, in my opinion, is blade exposure, which is how far the blade sticks out across an imaginary line that connects the safety bar and the top cap. Some razors actually have negative blade exposure, which means that the blade won't even contact the skin unless a slight bit of pressure is applied. The more blade exposure there is, the more you will feel the blade and the more likely it is that the blade will injure the skin, especially if you don't have rock solid technique. Other features of the geometry of a razor, as well as the weight and balance of a razor, can impact aggressiveness and efficiency.

IF, and ONLY if, the blade exposure, weight, etc. is exactly the same, a razor with a larger blade gap is generally more efficient and possibly aggressive. Larger blade gaps also allow for more leeway in shaving angle, because razors with very small blade gaps and zero or very small exposure require strict maintenance of the proper angle in order to work efficiently.

I don't have a Game Changer, but I suspect that the 0.68 and the 0.84 razor heads are exactly the same in all areas except for the blade gap. If that is true, the 0.68 would be expected to be milder and less efficient.
Great post that tells it like it is. The GC .68 and .84 are actually not exactly the same in all areas except for blade gap, but imo they are still a good example of the important point you made. The greater blade exposure of the .84 is the key difference.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Increasing blade gap also increases blade exposure.

RR GC .68
RazoRock GC68.png

RR GC .84
RazoRock GC84.png

Very happy with mine too - it really is a pleasure to use every day and I definitely feel I got more than my money's worth even buying it new.

I agree completely. Razorock makes great stainless razors at affordable prices. Can't ask for more than that. I have the .68, .84 and Jaws. At some point I will likely get the .84 OC.

I have an 84 headed my way. I plan on making it my travel razor. I currently use a Karve F on the road, but want something a little cheaper in case my luggage is lost.

I have an 84 headed my way. I plan on making it my travel razor. I currently use a Karve F on the road, but want something a little cheaper in case my luggage is lost.
I've taken mine on the road, but I won't any more. I tend to lose and break things, usually just after they are no longer being made or sold. No need to risk that with this.

Great post that tells it like it is. The GC .68 and .84 are actually not exactly the same in all areas except for blade gap, but imo they are still a good example of the important point you made. The greater blade exposure of the .84 is the key difference.
Key to you.
Because gap and exposure work
Together and changing one in most
Cases alters the other.

Top Bottom