What's new

RAZORINE.....anybody use one ??

you can find it in UK at shavingstation.co.uk
Thank you!
My raw brass Razorine arrived today.
It’s a beautiful thing and feels good in the hand.
To get perfect blade alignment did take some deliberate effort but for me that’s no big deal.
Ha ha - I shaved my head and face with a Rocket HD this morning and ten hours later I don’t really have enough stubble to test the Razorine properly so watch this space!

30040899-404C-4743-8495-CD4D59384E35.jpeg

@Gianni75 can you say more about the history and development of the Razorine and it’s connection to the Daune?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Thank you!
My raw brass Razorine arrived today.
It’s a beautiful thing and feels good in the hand.
To get perfect blade alignment did take some deliberate effort but for me that’s no big deal.
Ha ha - I shaved my head and face with a Rocket HD this morning and ten hours later I don’t really have enough stubble to test the Razorine properly so watch this space!

View attachment 930162
@Gianni75 can you say more about the history and development of the Razorine and it’s connection to the Daune?

I look forward to your thoughts on it.

Ok so I shaved with the Razorine loaded with an Annecy Swede and I am very impressed.
The Razorine feels great in the hand and shaves very smoothly indeed.
It’s more aggressive than a Tech reminding me a lot more of a Gillette NEW in it’s level of efficiency combined with such smooth shaving.
And, as was promised, it has just given me an absolutely brilliant head shave.
B935013F-25B9-4C4A-ADF6-375F4CF06B8A.jpeg

I love the Razorine!

It’s been pointed out that actually this isn’t like a DE razor head because there’s no blade curvature.
It allows for a steeper effective angle and the Razorine does shave like a true shavette.

I’d imagine that DE users coming directly to the Razorine might be caught out by the geometry and the kami handle but for regular shavette users it’s a walk in the park.

And I would be very interested to know more about it’s history and the people who make it.

Last edited:
Second shave with the Razorine today - I switched to a Derby blade and it was a very smooth shave indeed.

44F65D85-A56A-4DEC-8E4D-EB88C1FAE46C.jpeg

I began experimenting with different grips and for head shaving I rested my forefinger along the handle and onto the screw a bit like holding a potato peeler.
For the tricky contours at the base of the skull though I held it far down the handle away from the head which made it very responsive.

Comparing the Derby shave to the Gillette Swede shave it’s also clear that the Razorine really does bring out the different qualities in different blades and highlights them.
Both shaves were excellent but felt very different from each other.
Of course the Derby shave was smoother and gentler and the Swede shave was fantastically stealthy and efficient.

Gianni sent me a replacement top cap that he double checked and passes the QC, and im very happy to say the replacement top cap is perfect, the blade edge is 100% straight, held tightly and evenly across the cap. I shaved with it today and i was amazed at how smooth and efficient it is, i got an effortless BBS in two passes + quick touch up, i have insanely thick Mediterranean type stubble and im extremely impressed how quickly and smoothly it removed it. The Razorine has become one of my all time favorite razors along side my Fatip Mk1 and Feather SS, i will certainly buy another to keep in my travel bag as well. Huge thanks to Gianni for all the help.

Photo of the perfect top cap and blade edge:
DSC_0458.JPG

Gianni sent me a replacement top cap that he double checked and passes the QC, and im very happy to say the replacement top cap is perfect, the blade edge is 100% straight, held tightly and evenly across the cap. I shaved with it today and i was amazed at how smooth and efficient it is, i got an effortless BBS in two passes + quick touch up, i have insanely thick Mediterranean type stubble and im extremely impressed how quickly and smoothly it removed it. The Razorine has become one of my all time favorite razors along side my Fatip Mk1 and Feather SS, i will certainly buy another to keep in my travel bag as well. Huge thanks to Gianni for all the help.

Photo of the perfect top cap and blade edge:
View attachment 933018
Very reassuring to hear about this excellent customer service.
The Razorine has rapidly become one of my most favourite razors too and I’m looking forward to seeing how the brass finish ages as well as trying lots of different blade brands.

What sort of prep do you find works best?
I’m finding slick soaps are giving the best results with this razor.

LeGalulois every Razorine user is lucky! :)
I must agree with you Gianni!

My fourth Razorine shave and I am in love with this razor!!
Used a vintage British Wilkinson blade tonight and this confirms that for me this razor feels very different with different blades but works equally well with all of them - so far it has worked excellently with a Gillette Swede, a Derby and it British Wilkinson.
It seems to prefer a slick prep too.

The correct grip for me is also starting to come naturally now and it really is a great shave.
The Razorine works best for me with a steeper angle than a standard DE and it’s very manouverable around the curves of the chin and neck.
A superb razor:

D3939A0F-4AE6-47B4-8AFB-8B9650AF4053.jpeg

I have been following along and as someone mentioned earlier, I too like unusual shaving tools. Now that the issue of warping/misalignment of blades has been addressed I will order one tonight.

Hopefully there is no more stock of the previously faulty ones and I will get a well QC'd one first time out. I hate having to send things back to be fixed.

I'll post a review when I receive it.

Ordered: Shave Nation Order #SN15289

Last edited:
I have been following along and as someone mentioned earlier, I too like unusual shaving tools. Now that the issue of warping/misalignment of blades has been addressed I will order one tonight.

Hopefully there is no more stock of the previously faulty ones and I will get a well QC'd one first time out. I hate having to send things back to be fixed.

I'll post a review when I receive it.

Ordered: Shave Nation Order #SN15289
hi, if something goes wrong no need to send back, I directly would like to know my customer and make them satisfied,thank you
Gianni

hi, if something goes wrong no need to send back, I directly would like to know my customer and make them satisfied,thank you
Gianni
Thanks for your response. I'll let you know how it goes. Shave Nation has shipped my Razorine and I should have it in a few days.

I opted for bare brass since I like the way the golden patina develops. Plus it can always be easily polished.

Update: Received my Razorine today. First glance shows a problem with unequal blade exposure. The cap posts are not centered and the blade exposure is wider on one side. There is no blade warping.
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG

Update: Received my Razorine today. First glance shows a problem with unequal blade exposure. The cap posts are not centered and the blade exposure is wider on one side. There is no blade warping.
View attachment 934629 View attachment 934630
That’s a real downer!
With my Razorine there’s actually some play around the posts so I can get equal blade exposure by manually aligning the blade (like I used to have to do with my FaTip).

That’s a real downer!
With my Razorine there’s actually some play around the posts so I can get equal blade exposure by manually aligning the blade (like I used to have to do with my FaTip).
Gianni is sending me another cap. Very fast service. Here is a pic showing the slight off center cap.

The maker is bending over backwards to get QC up to snuff.

I strongly recommend mounting a blade into each set to visually inspect for equal/uniform blade exposure prior to shipping.
IMG_0064.JPG

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Good to Gianni is looking after you. It sound like there's been a bit of a learning curve with these, but he's eager to iron out the wrinkles so to speak.

Top Bottom