What's new

RAZORINE.....anybody use one ??

I received mine today and was planning to use it, but the quality on it is flat out terrible, the posts on the top cap are not evenly aligned and it seems the entire top cap was cut at an offset making the blade reveal on one end of the cap more than the other, because of this its impossible to align the blade correctly making it a brass paper weight.

Mine is similar but not nearly as off as your’s. Maybe try a shave with it anyhow as the blade isn’t hanging over the safety bar, which should still yield decent results (I hope.) Taking the cap off should show the blade is sitting even, but as you mentioned- the cap alignment shows more blade on one side than the other. I’ll leave that in your capable hands to decide. I’m interested in knowing how the shave goes, and how the finish of your Razorine turned out.

Brad.

I received mine today and was planning to use it, but the quality on it is flat out terrible, the posts on the top cap are not evenly aligned and it seems the entire top cap was cut at an offset making the blade reveal on one end of the cap more than the other, because of this its impossible to align the blade correctly making it a brass paper weight. View attachment 927119 View attachment 927120 View attachment 927121 View attachment 927122
Thanks for the observations !

Mine is similar but not nearly as off as your’s. Maybe try a shave with it anyhow as the blade isn’t hanging over the safety bar, which should still yield decent results (I hope.) Taking the cap off should show the blade is sitting even, but as you mentioned- the cap alignment shows more blade on one side than the other. I’ll leave that in your capable hands to decide. I’m interested in knowing how the shave goes, and how the finish of your Razorine turned out.

Brad.

The uneven cap span causes a difference in rigidity on each side, and the alignment posts are not even, so one side of the blade has to be firmly pushed down for the blade to go on the posts. I also noticed another issue on my unit, when a blade is fully tightened down, the blade edge is warped just like a defective Fatip so im very glad i didnt end up shaving with it haha. The finish itself on my unit is pretty good, no large scratches, there were some black marks on it but they all wiped off fine.

I was searching and came across someone else who had a similar issue with theirs as well.
razorine bad tolerances.jpg

Oh boy.

Well good thing you didn’t shave with it. A real shame. The Razorine is a lot of fun to use. Reminds me ver much of the FaTip QC issues, but they were eventually able to overcome. Here’s hoping you can either exchange it or get your money back.

Brad

I received another Razorine today and mailed the other one back, but this unit has the same exact problem. On both of them when you tighten it down, the blade edge becomes warped like in the photo. Is there anyone who owns a Razorine that has a perfectly straight non warped blade edge?
DSCPDC_0003_BURST20181110230902886_COVER.JPG

Looking at your photo, I’m having a tough time seeing what you’re seeing. Are we looking at the centre of the blade? Looks like it’s contorted slightly from the pressure of the screw cap. (If I’m seeing what you’re seeing?)

Here’s a photo of both sides of mine. It’s looks the same as your’s from what I can tell. I’ve had no issues with shaving performance.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Thats very surprising, the blade edge on yours looks just like mine, it too is also warped. Yeah the blade is warped/contorted from the top cap. Even if it shaves fine im very hesitant to use it because it would still be more harsh on the skin than a unit with the edge perfectly straight. I've had several Fatips that would warp/contort the blade from defective top caps and they always shaved much rougher compared to Fatips with a perfectly straight blade edge. I'll shave with it tomorrow just to see, but the blade edge should be perfectly straight IMO since its not a slant or anything. Thanks a ton though, i was starting to think i was the only one who noticed a warped/contorted blade edge on their Razorine since all the other posts i can find only talk about the uneven blade reveal.

Thats very surprising, the blade edge on yours looks just like mine, it too is also warped. Yeah the blade is warped/contorted from the top cap. Even if it shaves fine im very hesitant to use it because it would still be more harsh on the skin than a unit with the edge perfectly straight. I've had several Fatips that would warp/contort the blade from defective top caps and they always shaved much rougher compared to Fatips with a perfectly straight blade edge. I'll shave with it tomorrow just to see, but the blade edge should be perfectly straight IMO since its not a slant or anything. Thanks a ton though, i was starting to think i was the only one who noticed a warped/contorted blade edge on their Razorine since all the other posts i can find only talk about the uneven blade reveal.

hello x79ftw,
I read your comment and I would like to advice I am working to correct the aesthetic about uneven blade reveal, it doesn't affect in any way the fabolous perfomance of Razorine but it is all about aesthetic. Anyway I fell you are not confortable with Razorine, so please return it to me and I will refund it inclusive shipping cost, you can contact me to info @ razorine.com thank you

If the head assembly was die cast we woul know the die is eccentric. But this head unit is brass I believe , so the problem lies in the machining of the brass itself. The tolerances need to be tightened for a more exact fit...

Ciao Gianni, with customer service like that, I think you will do very well. I will eventually buy one myself.

You should introduce the Razorine over on the Shavette and Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) thread to give your razor more exposure among potential future fans.

hi Rudyt, thank you for your suggestion, I will do, eventough i am not very aggressive with marketing, because Razorine is something really unique, walking by itself, you have to love it or hate it...many write to me to say thanks because they find the razor of their life for everyday use...

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Since signing up to B&B over a year ago, this is the first new razor that's really tempted me. I like oddities. Nothing left in the budget for a purchase this year, but next year I might give one of these a try.

So how aggressive is the Razorine in comparison to say Gillette Tech, V3a, Gillette NEW or other razors I might know?

I’m seriously tempted by it but mild razors are no good for me especially now I’m head shaving too!

So how aggressive is the Razorine in comparison to say Gillette Tech, V3a, Gillette NEW or other razors I might know?

I’m seriously tempted by it but mild razors are no good for me especially now I’m head shaving too!
you can look at Uncle Jon video shaving head

Top Bottom