What's new

RAZORINE.....anybody use one ??

This is an old design, but one that didn't really catch on. I've seen vintage German versions of this and there were several versions in Japan in the late 50's - early 60's. I shaved with a Japanese one which was similar to shaving with a two sided kamisori. Very smooth shaving and easy to control. The only problem with the Japanese one was that the two pieces clipped on mostly by friction and so the head alignment and blade exposure could easily shift. This version looks like it solved that problem by having a thumb screw and the top cap looks like it has a Gillette New alignment bar.

If you decide to take the plunge, let us know how it shaves.

IMG_3082.JPG
daunerazor_grande.jpeg
daunerazor_grande.jpeg
daunerazor_grande.jpeg
I have a similar shavette. It called Duane and almost any barber in Italy use this. About $10.
It is a top one.

Very informative thread! I did not realize how many options were available with this technology!

Plus $3.99 for shipping. One would think that when you ask over $8,000 for a $50 razor, that they would ship free.

35E6B98A-7D99-48A0-B784-7C7743362660.jpeg
I have recently invested in a Razorine. Great shaver and very intuitive in finding the angle etc. I love the weight of the brass. Using it with a Rapira Plat Lux and it is great. Only a very light touch required and it plowes through my hair, giving me a dfs after 2 passes

Not really a shavette, in my opinion. It's essentially a tech head with the handle on sideways.
Might be a great razor, just not a shavette. A shavette is an open blade device.

Not really a shavette, in my opinion. It's essentially a tech head with the handle on sideways.
Might be a great razor, just not a shavette. A shavette is an open blade device.
So would this be a semi shavette , a sometimes shavette, or a shavette only when you have the guard off?

DSC00885.JPG

Top Bottom