What's new

Razor used in "1923" by Harrison Ford

985C1840-83F6-4CC7-B464-D98873DE260D.jpeg

82E539DC-5CF2-4E77-88CB-EB6A5750A8DF.jpeg

79724777-4FD8-44A6-9D8D-AD95E1889999.jpeg

End caps, TTO doors, etc. Maybe someone in props made a Slim Twist “look like” a Double Ring.

Last edited:
It looks like a TTO head from the first pic.

It's a bloody 1964 English Gillette Slim Twist!!

Nooooooooooooo!!!
proxy.php

Cream plastic handle. Sooo 1923.

The handle ribbing looks slightly different, in that it doesn't go all the way to the head, and the opening mechanism knurling looks horizontal instead of vertical.

But it's some freaking Slim Twist clone.

1923 eh? Stunningly ignorant and sloppy period research.

Last edited:
Mind you, filmic inaccuracies are not confined to razors..

The Battle Of The Bulge (1965)

Oh look, here come some Tiger II (Tiger B) tanks!

The Tiger II's are in fact US Army post-war M47's. At least the M24 Chafee light tanks used by the US forces here are period correct.

I can forgive not getting hold of a hundred real King Tigers for a film.

What is unforgivable is not getting hold of a Gillette Old for a high budget 2022 film production when they can be picked up on the bay for $40!

Last edited:
Mind you, filmic inaccuracies are not confined to razors..

The Battle Of The Bulge (1965)

Oh look, here come some Tiger II (Tiger B) tanks!

The Tiger II's are in fact US Army post-war M47's. At least the M24 Chafee light tanks used by the US forces here are period correct.

I can forgive not getting hold of a hundred real King Tigers for a film.
Kind of doubt there were 100 real working Tiger/King Tiger tanks in existence at that time. I think (and I could be wrong) that there’s only 3 left in existence and only one of them is in working order. Same thing happened in Tora! Tora! Tora! They had to use a lot of stand in aircraft for the Japanese aircraft
What is unforgivable is not getting hold of a Gillette Old for a high budget 2022 film production when they can be picked up on the bay for $40!
If they had him using a modem straight razor I think it would have looked more period correct

Kind of doubt there were 100 real working Tiger/King Tiger tanks in existence at that time. I think (and I could be wrong) that there’s only 3 left in existence and only one of them is in working order. Same thing happened in Tora! Tora! Tora! They had to use a lot of stand in aircraft for the Japanese aircraft

If they had him using a modem straight razor I think it would have looked more period correct
like I said, the King Tiger stand-ins are forgivable. Nazi industry only ever built 492 in total.

Not forgivable is the buying of a cheap small consumer item like a Gillette Old type on an expensive film production, and it being screwed up by child 'researchers'!

Last edited:
like I said, the King Tiger stand-ins are forgivable. Nazi industry only ever built 492 in total.

Not forgivable is the buying of a cheap small consumer item like a Gillette Old type on an expensive film production, and it being screwed up by child 'researchers'!
Not disagreeing with you on that. Especially about the types of safety razors available at the time

The neck is still wrong for a British slim twist, it almost looks like some Russian knockoff version. Or they cobbled together their own version for the movie, but that seems like more effort than needed. But I swear I've seen this razor labeled as a vintage Soviet razor on eBay before.

Either way, what an atrocious historical inaccuracy having a TTO in a movie set in the 20s.

Top Bottom