What's new

Razor suggestions plz!

Welcome to B&B!

I would suggest a Gillette Tech, they are considered mild and that may work well with your skin.. They can be found for less than a new razor as long a you don't mind using a used razor (some folks have a problem with that).

Welcome to B&B 👋
How long have you been wet shaving with a DE?
The learning curve whilst being rather steep still takes some time.
So after the first 1-2 months of regular shaving you should have developed a stable technique to build on. Buying new gear is great fun and we all fell for it some time or the other. The tricky part is to only change one item or step at a time and once you master it tackle the next.

Angle and pressure would be my No. 1 priority
Decent lather and skin prep a close second
After that it’s blade and razor choices
The rest of your disposable income you can then throw at brushes ;)
Hahaha I am not too keen on brushes, just the 3-4 that I need. Maybe 8-10 soaps and 'few' razors. Razor is were the problem is, i love every razor I see online😂

My recommendations that aren’t outrageously expensive, if that matters to you: 1. Lord L5 ($7); 2. Lord L6 ($8); 3. Gillette Tech (free to $10); 4. Gillette SuperSpeed (free to $20); Gillette Slim (best of the adjustables)($15-25). These are all some of the finest shavers in the world, easy to use and very forgiving

My recommendations that aren’t outrageously expensive, if that matters to you: 1. Lord L5 ($7); 2. Lord L6 ($8); 3. Gillette Tech (free to $10); 4. Gillette SuperSpeed (free to $20); Gillette Slim (best of the adjustables)($15-25). These are all some of the finest shavers in the world, easy to use and very forgiving
That LORD L6 head is great. It is in my rotation and I use the L6 head with a RazoRock Radio Knob Handle stainless steel. Good shaver.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As a person new to this, I would caution you against rushing into alternatives until you get technique right and are sure that you are getting the best shave you can from what you currently have in hand.
The temptation to increase your "collection" is almost impossible to ignore here because we are all enablers.
A word of advice would be that though there are some great new razors being made, and many have fantastic reviews, the cost of these new razors seem to be through the roof. In some cases, hundreds of dollars for someone just beginning the process seems difficult to understand.
If you are set upon procuring additional tools for the job, I would suggest that you consider the option of buying vintage razors to expand your arsenal to begin with.
The cost of doing so would allow you to try several different options at an out of pocket cost less than buying new design razors until you determine what features appeal to you, and what features provide the best, most comfortable shave.

Top Bottom