What's new

Razor storage?

I'm on my 3rd week of wet shaving and just joined the forum two days ago. I already have 6 razors and was thinking this was getting out of hand. Thank you folks for letting me know that I have quite a way to go before I have "too many".

Yesterday's mail call included the new OneBlade vertical aluminum block stand. Here's my regular rotation warriors at the ready.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Those are nice, where did you buy them. Thanks

Those are nice, where did you buy them. Thanks
Above The Tie S1 Atlas, the black Standard Razor and OneBlade Genesis are in manufactures matching stands. The Gillette Fatboy and Edwin Jagger DE86 are in solid stainless steel stands from Maggard Razors. The stand for the Fatboy was a manufacturing mistake from a few years back, they have never made any more, but the Edwin Jagger/Muhle size is still available. The Occam O.R.E.N. razor is in my favorite stands, a Nick Offerman wood creation from Offerman Woodshop... These haven't been available for a couple of years either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I used the pegboard screwdriver holders and a $5 shelf from Ikea. I coated the metal hanger with rubber paint to protect the razors.

Then, I had a custom wooden shelf made to hang them. Well, the wife had it made for Christmas.

Both work very well.

Attachments

• 20170804_203212.jpg
    20170804_203212.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20191022_131039.jpg
    20191022_131039.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
I really don’t have many. 8 or 9 total.

I leave the 3-4 that I am rotating in the bathroom, one in my Dopp kit and there are 3 or 4 in my office in a box with razor blades.

I never really went nuts with buying razors as I did with soaps, creams, blades and brushes. Only one of my razors was more than $50.

I’m just curious as to how many B&B members are divorced or otherwise single...

Either that, or we have an unusually small MBR bathroom...
No kidding. I have a metal tower rack on my side of the sink that holds a few bottles of AS, soaps, Thayers, a few tucks of blades and a bit of other shaving stuff. My thousands of blades, dozens of soap and brushes are in my home office. No way my wife is letting me have more bathroom counter real estate!

Top Bottom