What's new

Razor storage?

I just won two of these old carousels. I plan to buy some electrical shrink wrap tubing of the appropriate size. Hit 'em heat and they will be tight onto the arms and protect the razors.

Is that a snurdle spoon there?
I keep my daily drivers on a rubber stamp holder in my bathroom:
View attachment 855269
That was my plan for brushes, but now they share it with the razors.
I was lucky to find a mint-in-box one that holds 12, for $8 at an army surplus place.
I can literally rotate my razors and brushes. :whistling:
I later used clear polyurethane tubing on the clips to protect the brush handles, but I really should have used heat-shrink. The tubing is not flexible enough to follow the curve closely.
Since that photo was taken, I've filled the outer ring with brushes (except for one razor with a much longer handle), and the inner spokes with razors.
I think it's cool looking but its made of metal. I recall another member saying they bought it and couldn't stand the sound of metal on metal as he inserted and removed his razors from the stand. I imagine that all that metal on metal contact can't be too great for the finish on a nice shiny razor.
Yeah. For that reason I'm thinking of using something like a wooden spice rack against the wall for both brushes, standing on the shelves, and razors, hanging from the bottom.
I really only need to suspend one brush handle up at a time, while it's drying overnight, then it could go handle down.
Also, this rubber stamp rack is not practical for the larger brushes, like that Tuxedo, and an Omega 10049 (not shown).
This will save a lot of real estate on the counter top.

You gentlemen seem to have a large collection. Mrs will kill me if i spend and have such a large collection. In case of divorce wife can have everything but your razors....LoL
Honey you can have everything but leave the razors,soaps,blades and aftershaves on the way out....rofl

Last edited:
Tray Front.jpg

Design is still evolving, but this is what I use.

Lol I take it your not married? Hehe
Actually I've been happily married for just about 14 days shy of 12 years. My wife really likes the barber pole!
I even converted her to DE shaving and made her her very own custom shaving brush.

Yesterday's mail call included the new OneBlade vertical aluminum block stand. Here's my regular rotation warriors at the ready.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That was my plan for brushes, but now they share it with the razors.
I was lucky to find a mint-in-box one that holds 12, for $8 at an army surplus place.
I can literally rotate my razors and brushes. :whistling:
I later used clear polyurethane tubing on the clips to protect the brush handles, but I really should have used heat-shrink. The tubing is not flexible enough to follow the curve closely.
Since that photo was taken, I've filled the outer ring with brushes (except for one razor with a much longer handle), and the inner spokes with razors.
Another update: The carousel is now given over to razors only. Brushes and bowls/mugs are on a knickknack shelf.
Still need something different as the carousel is too short for three of my razors.
I'm on the lookout for, or may fabricate, something more like stackable test tube racks, to save on countertop real estate.

This would be perfect...
proxy.php

... but I'm not prepared to install pegboard in the bathroom.
However, something like a thin picture frame with holes drilled in the verticals could work.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I thought I would just collect some modern razors that were good from reviews and made a crude rack for storing my small Razorock collection of razors and I would keep my eyes out for something better. Well the hobby and Rad 2018 & 2019 with my desires into vintage Gem, Everready, Gillette and of course Schick razors because all those razors are awesome IMO. So I just keep improvising 4x4 x 6 inches long - 8 razors to a rack with various hole sizes to accommodate Schick odd razor handle diameters to all the great razors that have been MFG. I have razors that are well over 100 yrs old and perform like the day they came out of the factory's. They are not the prettiest racks but they will work until I make or find something nicer. The humidor is for storing blades and duplicates of razors and was bought for $3.00 at a garage sale that is kept under the sink.
It's nice to have razors in eye sight range because "out of sight out of mind" sets in so why collect nice razors is my thought.
Razor storage cabinets (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Yeah, go for it! Amazon sells new ones that look the exact same, and also, an extension kit, where you can add a second carousel, on top of the original carousel, doubling the storage.

I haven't done it yet, but I need to apply some kind of rubber or plastic coating to the prongs, to stop the metal on metal contact. I was thinking about the tool coating stuff they sell at the home improvement stores. I think you either dip the item into it, or paint it on.
You could also get some heat shrink tubes cut to the right length put them over prongs heat with hair dryer to shrink and you're done.. You could even get different colors for different razors if you wanted to.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Here's how I store/display mine. My rotation is quite random.
View attachment 855198 View attachment 855199 View attachment 855200
Different and Some great effort and thought went into that master piece, great razor and brush stand. The razors hanging off the door is nice also as long as you don't slam the door if in a hurry.:001_rolle Also nice collection of razors you have accumulated over the years. It's nice when you visually display your razors you tend to use them. As the old saying goes"out of sight out of mind" words of wisdom.
Have some great shaves!

Your pegboard idea is a good one. You could cut a small section of white pegboard and mount it on the inside of a bathroom cabinet door

Also you can take a piece of pegboard and mount it in a picture frame just remove the glass and everything and put the pegboard into the empty frame..

Top Bottom