What's new

Razor Storage in the Den

I went from this
IMG_0239.jpg

to almost this
IMG_0241.jpg

Unfortunately the bottom plate that should keep the Razors upright arrived broken so I have to reorder it. These things are Lab equipment for holding, in this case 50, vials. They are sold as test tube holder/vial holder rack online.

However you want

Attachments

• A94B52AD-4BCB-45AB-BDCB-C97F303A7867.jpeg
    A94B52AD-4BCB-45AB-BDCB-C97F303A7867.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 78
  • AF0562C1-E214-4F37-8B85-E68044A65BB1.jpeg
    AF0562C1-E214-4F37-8B85-E68044A65BB1.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 74
  • B8524ADF-6970-48F6-9DCE-60AEC4B92DC7.jpeg
    B8524ADF-6970-48F6-9DCE-60AEC4B92DC7.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 66
All three from RR .
GC .84-P sb
GC .84-P oc
BBS
Thinking also of getting the new
Lupo at the .95 sb configuration.

Used to own few of the so called
“hi end” razors.Few vintage too.
All gone.

Kept the ones that are giving me the most satisfying shaves.
Plus ,made from 316L steel and have fully covered blade’s side tabs.

I went from this
View attachment 1207108
to almost this
View attachment 1207109
Unfortunately the bottom plate that should keep the Razors upright arrived broken so I have to reorder it. These things are Lab equipment for holding, in this case 50, vials. They are sold as test tube holder/vial holder rack online.
As a former lab tech.
you can get these racks in different materials (plastic, nylon, Lexan, wood, Alluminium, wire chrome steel, stainless) and in single or multiple rows. Low and high and for thin tubes and really fat ones.

As a former lab tech.
you can get these racks in different materials (plastic, nylon, Lexan, wood, Alluminium, wire chrome steel, stainless) and in single or multiple rows. Low and high and for thin tubes and really fat ones.
Lexan sounds great I will look around, as said this is going back anyway.

All three from RR .
GC .84-P sb
GC .84-P oc
BBS

“hi end” razors.Few vintage too.
All gone.

Kept the ones that are giving me the most satisfying shaves.
Plus ,made from 316L steel and have fully covered blade’s side tabs.
Every tried the .84 Jaws? I want to add one modern cnc‘d razor but I’m n no hurry. I like OC and don’t mind some bladefeel.

My razors are in a test tube stand, but it holds them awkwardly.

I'll design something to be made during the Wood project this year, clean but enough space for the Razors, brushes and Soaps and my Pereira bowl.

I have 3 razors and a local Shavette :

RazoRock BBS
Parker Variant Adjustable
CS - 11 (R41 rip off)
=> RazoRock 84 OC in transit <=

Maybe a Lupo Stainless Steel in Double Comb next year if the need arises.

I'm not interested in collecting razors, so, atleast I'll know my razors better by putting off any more purchase for this year.

All three from RR .
GC .84-P sb
GC .84-P oc
BBS

“hi Plus ,made from 316L steel and have fully covered blade’s side tabs.
Every tried the .84 Jaws? I want to add one modern cnc‘d razor but I’m n no hurry. I like OC and don’t mind some bladefeel.

If you want an idea on a setup that will show off the best and room to store others try this setup. The Gillette counter display can be had on auction sites, the 2 knife cases I bought from Sportsman's Guide, and the old secretary desk I inherited from my Grandfather. The knife cases have glass tops and drawers underneath and are a perfect fit for razors.
100_5600.JPG
100_5599.JPG
100_5597.JPG

Last edited:
If you want an idea on a setup that will show off the best and room to store others try this setup. The Gillette counter display can be had on auction sites, the 2 knife cases I bought from Sportsman's Guide, and the old secretary desk I inherited from my Grandfather. The knife cases have glass tops and drawers underneath and are a perfect fit for razors.
View attachment 1207277View attachment 1207275
Lovely, but I look for a storage possibility for users. For the presentation of such a collection though this vintage furniture is stunning.

Top Bottom