What's new

Razor restoration & replating from Back Roads Gold (pics)

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Need to give a shout out to Chris Spencer with Back Roads Gold in AZ, I know some other members have used him and I believe he is also a fellow board member who posts on occasion. I recently sent him some vintage Gillettes to work on and I couldn't be happier with the results. Here are some pics...

First up is a Goodwill that was pretty dingy when it was gifted to me. I cleaned it up as best I could using just liquid Dawn and hot water and this was as good as I good get it
1588084408728.png
Then I sent it to Chris and he polished up like so...
1588084451179.png
Next up was a Fatboy E2, here's the before pic from the eBay listing, it's the beat up one on the right....
1588084639560.png
And here it is after he replated it in nickel...
1588084687297.png 1588084707780.png
And then here is a long black handle adjustable U1
First a pic from the eBay listing when I got it
1588084828298.png
And then after he replated it in nickel and repainted the handle
1588084871119.png 1588084887818.png

Chris was courteous, timely, responsive, and communicated with me every step. He's a true professional that loves what he does and I would highly recommend him.

Last edited:
I, too have used him several times. He has been great. He sells on Etsy. It seems more economical if you have a common razor to just buy one from him that he has already done.

Here is how you can tell a well run company. You read a good review like above and your first thought is, "Nobody can be that satisfied, the guy who wrote that must be a relative."

That is when you know who to do business with.

Also had excellent results on several razors that Chris replated. His work is first rate &his turnaround time is prompt.
I've got a couple of razors I'll be sending to him in the near future.
My most recent was this Sheraton:
Sheraton Re-Plate.jpg

BAD NEWS! Chris is shut down, sold his home, and ... Will be setting up shop in Wyoming.

He's closed for new orders until sometime in August, according to his website.

I've got a Milord sitting in my rotation that I decided needs to be replated. Guess I'll wait until he's back up for business ...

Yes, temporarily shut down until he gets his new shop up and running. I recently received two razors back from Chris, a Fatboy and a Red Tip, both redone in Palladium Cobalt - they are stunning.

Count me among those who've found him to be a pleasure to deal with and his work is excellent. I look forward to Chris getting back up and running so I can send a couple more his way!

Top Bottom