What's new

Razor repair

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you are skilled at soldering, that is a possibility. I have done it, and it is not an extremely easy task.
I found that two tiny dots of 5 minute epoxy works a treat.
The key is a very small amount, applied in a dot, one each end, and pressed in place.
Wipe off all excess. A very small amount ensures there isn't too much squeeze out. Like a pin head amount.
Tape it in place while it sets.

There may be other methods that people have been successful with.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
What I would do is clean handle barrel and stub end with some sand paper 120 grit or finer to clean any soap residual & oxides off and use some JB weld Marine Weld and take a tooth pick to stir the 2 part epoxy together on a small piece of cardboard ( will not need very much). Have some alcohol & cotton Q tips available when you go to assemble. The alcohol will clean up any visible epoxy you do not want to see. I would twist the loose stub into the handle barrel as you insert with the epoxy on it to get a nice even coat. I have used this JB weld on razor repairs and it works well and is very strong and can be bought locally usually or online. Just follow instructions and is cured in 16-24 hrs for a very good bond.
Shaving bowl 4 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Soldering endcaps is simple, and the better alternative. An endcap can be tinned, placed in position, and a soldering iron tip used to transfer heat thru the endcap to melt the solder.

Top Bottom