What's new

Razor Rad is Really Bad Help!

Wow, I have been on B&B for a little over 2 Months, and ever since i learned about we shaving, My Rad has Gone Mad, I have Razor Sets in boxes coming in left and Right, i have Razor in Draws Hidden also, i am sure my Collection has got to be over 100 Razor's All kinds, Even ABC sets that i am Really looking to acquire all of the sets ever made. I know i need to slow down This Rad is like Crack or Meth, Every time i Buy a nice Razor i find one in NOS Condition , so i end it with 2 of the same here and there, LOL , Its Crazy i need help, Any Suggestions guys? i think i need to do like our Government and just Shut Down :eek:/ these are a few i have hidden in Draws The others are well packed in bubble and waiting for a Nice Display Case with Lock and Key, Lighting, and some kind of Climate Control if needed.

1st picture, from left to Right are as Follows.

1. BullDog Silver
2. Aristocrat
3. BullDog Gold
4. Slim adjustable
5. Toggle Gold
6. Super Speed Flair tip
7. Common bar handle
8. Big Fellow Hybrid "Rare" but i Managed to have 2 full sets in gold case and this loose one also in 2 months maybe i got lucky ?
9. Fatboy Gold
10, Slim adjustable Gold or the New Aristocrat as its called.

2ND Picture, from left to Right are as Follows

1. Single Ring Gold 1920
2. Rocket Made in England, Rare full knurling on handle and TTO knob
3. Rocket HD Monobloc Safety Razor British (no. 55) Weight 71 Grams. Weight: 71 g / Brit. Pat. 694093 Rare full knurling on handle and TTO knob
4. Super Speed Aluminum Black Tip
5. Mint Common Bar Handle.
6. Milord

Guys feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about what Razors are what. i am new to this so give me a break and don't chew me out. Thanks ;o)

Last edited:
Is this a hobby you can afford, because looking at your purchases, most of us would be taking out home equity loans with the sheer dollar amounts you are paying for these.

I like collecting razors but I also like selling them to people who will enjoy them. And I'd like to think that the razor would vastly prefer being used on a regular basis over sitting in a drawer :thumbup1:

Which razor is that one on the top, 2nd from left? Looks like a 30's US aristocrat to me.

You should send it to me, that would help you feel better about your RAD :biggrin1:

Which razor is that one on the top, 2nd from left? Looks like a 30's US aristocrat to me.

You should send it to me, that would help you feel better about your RAD :biggrin1:

If you're going to be that way about it, dibs on the first three in the top photo, left side :thumbup1:

If you're going to be that way about it, dibs on the first three in the top photo, left side :thumbup1:

I already called the one on the 2nd from left. But the other 2 are fine, you can have the one in the middle too. They only made it for 2 years, so it obviously wasn't any good :lol:

Yeah I had RAD just as bad for a while, but no where near as much expendable income as you apparently do. Regardless it turns out it wasn't at all difficult to acquire way more razors than I knew what to do with. My solution was to sell the ones I wasn't going to use. In fact I'm pretty sure you bought one of them. At this point I have a 5 razor rotation that I'm very happy with, and just a few extras put away to give as gifts.

This is a sufficient number of razors to make me happy, although the thrill of the hunt never goes away entirely. I'd recommend you sell off all the razors you can bear to part with, and just keep the ones you really gotta have. For me that number was 5, if for you that number is 50 or 500, so be it, but I don't see any advantage in hoarding worn copies of razors that you already have a nicer example of, unless of course you want to keep a worn one to use and a pristine one behind glass to look at.

yes it is from the 30's Aristocrat with the Barber Style handle, got that one for about 70 bucks i think.

I had a RAD, but at the same time, I have minimalist tendencies, and found that the more razors I acquired, the more stressed I became. Once I hit 6 razors, I found myself stressing over which razor to use, and if I'm going to use a Slim, which Slim. So I've banned myself from buying razors, and promptly found a nice SS Flare Tip at a flea market. It needed a good home, so now I have 7, you know, in case one breaks or something.:blushing: I can stop anytime I want to.

Is this a hobby you can afford, because looking at your purchases, most of us would be taking out home equity loans with the sheer dollar amounts you are paying for these.

I like collecting razors but I also like selling them to people who will enjoy them. And I'd like to think that the razor would vastly prefer being used on a regular basis over sitting in a drawer :thumbup1:

i'm just setting up my boys with a collection for when i'm gone. i'm still young, just Enjoying these beautiful time pieces Right now, but maybe in the next 40 or50 years it will go to my boys. hopefully they will have done good for themselves and don't have to sell of the collection i leave them behind. they are only sitting in drawers now till i get my Display case for them. but i never hoard. yuck.

Wow, I have been on B&B for a little over 2 Months, and ever since i learned about we shaving, My Rad has Gone Mad, I have Razor Sets in boxes coming in left and Right, i have Razor in Draws Hidden also, i am sure my Collection has got to be over 100 Razor's All kinds, Even ABC sets that i am Really looking to acquire all of the sets ever made. I know i need to slow down This Rad is like Crack or Meth, Every time i Buy a nice Razor i find one in NOS Condition , so i end it with 2 of the same here and there, LOL , Its Crazy i need help, Any Suggestions guys? i think i need to do like our Government and just Shut Down :eek:/ these are a few i have hidden in Draws The others are well packed in bubble and waiting for a Nice Display Case with Lock and Key, Lighting, and some kind of Climate Control if needed.

1st picture, from left to Right are as Follows.

1. Big Fellow Silver
2. Aristocrat
3 Big Fellow Gold
4. Slim adjustable
5. Toggle Gold
6. Super Speed Flair tip
7. Common bar handle
8. Big Fellow Hybrid "Rare" but i Managed to have 2 full sets in gold case and this loose one also in 2 months maybe i got lucky ?
9. Fatboy Gold
10, Slim adjustable Gold or the New Aristocrat as its called.

2ND Picture, from left to Right are as Follows

1. Single Ring Gold 1920
2. Rocket Made in England, Rare full knurling on handle and TTO knob
3. Rocket HD Monobloc Safety Razor British (no. 55) Weight 71 Grams. Weight: 71 g / Brit. Pat. 694093 Rare full knurling on handle and TTO knob
4. Super Speed Aluminum Black Tip
5. Mint Common Bar Handle.
6. Milord

Guys feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about what Razors are what. i am new to this so give me a break and don't chew me out. Thanks ;o)

Man you got RAD pretty bad.. Nice collection :thumbup1:

but i never hoard. yuck.

Sorry man, but I think what you're doing pretty well meets the definition of hoarding.

Hoard
–verb (used with object)
to accumulate for preservation, future use, etc., in a hidden or carefully guarded place: to hoard food during a shortage.
-Dictionary.com

True once you put them in a display case they may not be hidden, but I imagine they'll still be "carefully guarded"

I think the Barber Pole ones you're calling Big Fellows are more commonly called BULLDOGS.

Nice collection of spares.

You're off to a good start.

I recommended you make a purchase of some desiccant and put these up in a sealed tupperware. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&ind...s&field-keywords=desicant&rh=i:aps,k:desicant

I lost something I hid too well, it caused me embarrassment and a big argument with the Mrs.

Don't spread your hoard out too much. Put it up in a safe place that you're going to remember. :thumbup1:

I think the Barber Pole ones you're calling Big Fellows are more commonly called BULLDOGS.

Nice collection of spares.

You're off to a good start.

I recommended you make a purchase of some desiccant and put these up in a sealed tupperware. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&ind...s&field-keywords=desicant&rh=i:aps,k:desicant

I lost something I hid too well, it caused me embarrassment and a big argument with the Mrs.

Don't spread your hoard out too much. Put it up in a safe place that you're going to remember. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the link :eek:)

If u think this is hoarding you should see the 2 BOXES of razor sets I have. Each have about 30-40 razor sets. Yikes

Top Bottom