What's new

Razor Instructions.

I've been thinking wouldn't it be great to have a database of Gillette razor instructions all in one place? Here is my contribution, the instructions for the "Improved Gillette Super Speed" circa 1949-1950:

Perhaps a Wiki page could be created?

I'm much too timid to attempt the diagonal stroke. I'll play it safe and use an extra pass.

Good idea on the database.

Christopher

Nice idea, MT.

Attachments

• $slim_01.jpg
    $slim_01.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 14,900
Great idea, instructions are hard to find thesedays. Here is my contribution: the instruction that came with my Gillette parat:
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm much too timid to attempt the diagonal stroke. I'll play it safe and use an extra pass.
I learned to shave in the '50s with a SuperSpeed. Diagonal strokes were all I ever used until I started reading shaving forums last fall. Now I've tried all directions but my routine is still once diagonally plus a few small touch ups. This gets me a nick-free BBS shave almost every time. I guess I must have read the instructions with my first razor.

I have no instruction sheets to contribute but I think a wiki is an excellent idea.

Richard

Here is the instruction from a 1941 Ranger Tech

Attachments

• $Anleitung Ranger Tech.jpg
    $Anleitung Ranger Tech.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14,110
...and Gillette instructions never said "YMMV"!
+1 on the diagonal strokes. That is the way I have always shaved. Maybe I read the instructions too, I don't remember.

Are there any for a 1969 Superadjustable, 1959 Fatboy, and an Aristocrat 1948-1950? Would be cool to print these out, and have them as a nice touch. Great work so far. Awesome idea.

Top Bottom