What's new

Razor identification would be much appreciated.

Gents i would very much appreciate any information on this razor i know almost nothing.Is this the only razor of this design or were there others?Anything you know really.Most importantly does it shave well?Cheers. Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 18-07-14 VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR SHAVING BOXED eBay.pngScreenshot 2021-11-17 at 18-07-37 VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR SHAVING BOXED eBay.pngScreenshot 2021-11-17 at 18-07-28 VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR SHAVING BOXED eBay.pngScreenshot 2021-11-17 at 18-07-48 VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR SHAVING BOXED eBay.pngScreenshot 2021-11-17 at 18-08-01 VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR SHAVING BOXED eBay.png

Pics are a bit out of focus so I can’t tell for sure but without any stamping on the base or other identifying info on it I can’t be sure, however the neck looks like Rotbart which has a Gillette connection.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Rotbart style neck, yes. Not a Rotbart, though ... at least not like my Mond-Extra. No head engraving nor the corner tabs and pockets for them.

full

full

It doesn't have any Gillette markings? @Bglayer

That’s a strange bird, it looks much like a Rotbart but varies as noted above. Not sure what year the Gillette diamond without ”made in“ or “known the world over“ indicates re. Rotbart dates of production. I have not seen that box interior framework before. Notice how tall the lip of the interior lining is, not typical of any set I own. It could be a bespoke set but I am not knowledgeable enough to declare it so.

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

Early Rotbart rebranded for Gillette, the same as 7 o'Clocks. It shaves exactly like an Old type.
The later variant had narrower corner teeth with cutouts for the cap corners.
The Rotbart version also came with a heavy (bigger) handle.

Early Rotbart rebranded for Gillette, the same as 7 o'Clocks. It shaves exactly like an Old type.
The later variant had narrower corner teeth with cutouts for the cap corners.
The Rotbart version also came with a heavy (bigger) handle.
Hey what year is that?

Top Bottom