What's new

Razor Identification. NEW?

Hi
Can someone help me identify this razor. It's a Gillette NEW (i think) but i can't find this exact model on the Mr Razor website.
Aside from the "Made in England" under the baseplate it also has "made in England" engraved on the handle.
It came in a plastic travel set with a brush (See pictures)
Not sure if it's a long comb or short comb. I really can't tell them apart unless i see both razors side by side.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Image-1.jpeg
    Image-1.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Image-2.jpeg
    Image-2.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Image-3.jpeg
    Image-3.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Image-4.jpeg
    Image-4.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Image-5.jpeg
    Image-5.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 50

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Looks like a New Baseplate, possibly cap too. That handle though. I dont know if its Gillette. Unless theres an English New that doesnt say it on the baseplate. Odd to see made in England on both pieces.

The only information I can give is that it is a long comb. The short comb has shorter, pointier teeth that are straight instead of curling downwards.

R

romsitsa

The comb is a British LC (England didn't manufacture SC), basically identical to US ones.
The cap is a much later British NEW cap, usually found on flat bottom News.
The handle is not a known Gillette design, but the quality is, and the lettering of the MinE stamp is also pretty close to Seven o' Clock/Minora.

I'd say it's not an official Gillette set, but is made from Gillette parts. Gillette often sold remaining stock to companies making grooming sets. Like the Weekender or this one:
fancy_Gillette.jpg

Top Bottom