What's new

Razor help!

Hi everyone,

I aquired this razor at an antique shop and was wondering if someone can tell me more about it. Is this a variation of a fatboy?

Attachments

• 20210513_112420.jpg
    20210513_112420.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 20210513_112442.jpg
    20210513_112442.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210512_191138.jpg
    20210512_191138.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
Two web sites which provide information about your Gillette bottom dial razor: Gilletteadjustable.com and Sharpologist.com. Within the Sharpologist web site do a search for bottom dial.

Wow thank you for the info and I did read about it on those websites you recommended. I had just started collecting a few months ago, my father gave me his slim adjustable he used in the Vietnam War and has gotten me hooked on collecting old razors now

Wow! That is truly a rare find in the wild.

A beautiful razor and looks to be in excellent condition as well. As mentioned above, shave with it and let us know how it performs!

Hang onto that but if you do decide to sell it, make sure you do some research and get what it's worth (hint, a lot more than you might expect :biggrin1:)

So I just watched a video from razor emporium and the guy Matt states the case is harder to find than the razor itself, so no way for me to complete the set I guess lol

Two awesome razors! One for its rarity, and one of greater value because of its family history.

I would be extremely happy if I can find a regular Fatboy locally even in decent condition. The only Gillette razors that I would consider more rare and hard to find are the Techmatic from the 46-47 and the Anglo-American Aristocrat. While it might not be the best shaver in the world, it sure is a razor that I would personally keep in my collection, especially if I can find it for only a couple of $. I also wouldn't worry that much about the case.

Top Bottom