What's new

Razor heads?

If you want to purchase new, I believe the only options are the R41 and R89., ATT and Ikon Slant if you can find, which I highly doubt, and other Ikon heads.
Used, well ... everything else.

Most Gillette Old Types and The New need new handles so buy one of those (I have some that are like that). You can buy just the head for a Muhle R41 from the UK.

They are where you find them.

I've put together a goodly collection of "free range heads" just by haunting the BST forum. You will have to refresh every 30 seconds if you want to beat me to one :yesnod:

proxy.php

You could pick up a lord smart razor for a few dollars the handle is plastic but the head is pretty good functionally, they shave well. They make 2 type one looks like a Tech the other looks like a Merkur. Good luck

They are where you find them.

I've put together a goodly collection of "free range heads" just by haunting the BST forum. You will have to refresh every 30 seconds if you want to beat me to one :yesnod:

proxy.php

Mick, I've been looking at this pic for months now and want you to know that this is what I've decided to do for my collection. I'm all about the free range heads/frankenrazors. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. Soon, I will be posting what my collection looks like. I just need to find the right box for storage/display.

Soon, I will be posting what my collection looks like. I just need to find the right box for storage/display.

Looking forward to seeing your collection, always enjoy seeing other collections to admire and get ideas from. Here is a picture of what I have been using:

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

Looks to be the same or similar head to the Sabi/Mariner. Very good head if it is.

I like the maggard head better than the sabi because it doesn't have the sharp corners like the sabi, IMO. Similar shave though. But look at their handles while you are there, too. They are pretty decent, especially for the price. Plated brass and works with most standard 3 piece razors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom