What's new

Razor Grind Preference over Time

I typically find that the best grind is the one of the razor I am using that day, unless it needs to be honed.

This is what i experienced as i was honing/shaving with an 13/16 extra hollow yesterday after really enjoying the 24 5/8s mentioned above.. it's what made me think of the spectrum of how my thoughts and preferences have changed over the last decade.

I have tried every grind from full wedge to extra full hollow. My chin beard is extremely tough and the heavy grinds are the only ones that work on that area. In short, beard type can be a determining factor.

I recently used a vintage 7/8s quarter hollow - near wedge and it just feels so nice.

Makes we wonder where the balance is when preference becomes more about the finisher than the razor.

Anything but a wedge. Only wedges I've liked have been the little guys like "SatinWedge" and Spike Wedge... that aren't actually wedges.

I recently used a vintage 7/8s quarter hollow - near wedge and it just feels so nice.

Makes we wonder where the balance is when preference becomes more about the finisher than the razor.

im a newb......but so far my thoughts on the matter. I think I have a representation of razors up to quarter hollow.....but one of mine might be a 1/4. no desire to do wedges.

regardless of grind, I think its more important of who made the razor and during what time period.........

but thats just me.

camo

Top Bottom