What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

I have the Atmotic and Future Fiction. Both unique warm spice scents, Like them both.
i don’t think PAA gets enough love here. I like Smyth’s stuff. excellent slickness, glide and post shave.
Still not sure about the Tube preshave that I bot.

Doppelgänger black label is an absolute terrific clone of Dior Sauvage if you like cologne scents.

I thought the CK6 was fine but not world breaking. But the aftershave is worth every single penny!

thanks for the replies.. i was wanting to get the black label but it is sold out here in oz.. will wait for it to come back in stock

i found the CK6 to be extremely slick and protective once the right amount of water was added, a very thirsty soap

Dear gents who have tried PAA CK-6,
Is CK-6 formula worth the price?
Thanks for your inputs.

I didnt think they were worth the price rise, i had a set of CaD of the original base. Just tried the CK-6 this past week and IMHO i feel they are worth it. I wont have a bunch on hand but certainly want one in my collection

I didnt think they were worth the price rise, i had a set of CaD of the original base. Just tried the CK-6 this past week and IMHO i feel they are worth it. I wont have a bunch on hand but certainly want one in my collection

Dear @StratMan,
I appreciate your inputs very much.
Regarding scents, how about Astra Planeta?
At this moment, only Astra Planeta is available in G&C.

Dear @StratMan,
I appreciate your inputs very much.
Regarding scents, how about Astra Planeta?
At this moment, only Astra Planeta is available in G&C.

To be honest with you I have only smelt 3 PAA scents, CaD which I loved nice barbershop. The F-bomb is nice also, can’t remember the name of the third one but def didn’t like it

So I'm looking at purchasing another strop and found this Russet Horsehide on Razor Emporium. Anyone have experience with this strop?

I have one of the RE Russett horsehide AND one of Tony Millers Novotan horsehide strops. In both instances the leather comes from Horween in Chicago. The tanning process is different, but both are wonderful strops, as long as you like a lightning fast draw. Tony also sells a veg tanned horsehide which would be similar to the Russett.

Tony's strops are slightly more expensive than the ones from Razor Emporium, but the workmanship is better on Tony' strops. Thus, if you want to save a few bucks, go with RE, but if you want to go first class, get one of Tony's Old No. 2 strops. If you can afford the extra cost, I suggest getting the strop with real linen second component rather than the cotton canvas. Although canvas works, linen is even better.

If cost is a consideration, Tony Miller offers a "Plain" horsehide strop which is only $30 for leather only, or $50 for leather and cotton.

New Horsehide Plain Strops - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/new-horsehide-plain-strops.570141/

I have the horsehide in both the Plain and Premium versions. The Plain is still a top quality strop, and comparable to what other makers sell as their premium product. Additionally, with Tony Miller strops one can choose D-Rings or handles, as well as cotton or linen.

I have both and the re Russit is a lovely leather how ever the handles are flimsy I would go with Tony Miller horse and flax linen the quality and finish is better and the finish takes Tony longer time make which is why you pay that little extra

Top Bottom