What's new

Razor Down!!

EJ has superb customer service and they stand behind their product. I had a small amount of corrosion on my razor threads. I sent an email with a photo and they air mailed a new top piece (from the UK to the US) with some extra blades for my troubles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I have a new Muhle 89 head I could sell you, but looks like you have it covered. Vintage: Lots of options including Techs & Super Speeds.

Mac

I had one of the side pins break off my Schone open comb when I accidentally dropped the top cap on the floor. I gave up trying to solder it back on and bought another razor to replace it. I now know to be more careful next time.

Being my first real razor, I'm glad it was an easy enough fix and it stays in the rotation. Def flared up the RAD though, and it's been fun peaking around at the info and opinions on the site. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the right one to pick up next.

Thanks for all the replies!

I think I hear taps playing in the background. :001_unsur

You could probably buy just a cap form Maggards or eBay, or take the opportunity to buy a razor you've been eyeing from afar. - That would be an automatic, don't you want to replace it from my wife. :001_302:

If you are looking for a vintage razor with a similar feel, I'd recommend a Gillette Short Comb New.

I would think an EJ would be closer to a Superspeed or Tech, than a New SC, I'd expect the New SC to be somewhat more aggressive than a standard closed comb razor, having solid bar.

The somewhat ugly Minotaur can sometimes be had cheap, and the cap would probably fit your EJ base plate, they're similar designs. You'd end up having two razors, sharing a cap. The Minotaur while ugly, actually shaves pretty good). I'd personally prefer a brass or steel head myself, less likely to break if you over tighten it.

Best bang for the buck is the Qshave/Ming-Shi Futur clones. - Can get quick delivery from Maggards and a few others in the US. (Didn't think of asking, are you in the US or somewhere else?).

I don't mind a somewhat aggressive razor. I have an sr-71 safety bar and the slant. A bit heavy, but I like the close shave they give.

Been looking over a large variety of razors these past few days... my letter to Santa is growing quickly!

oh! Yes, I'm in the PNW US.

Top Bottom