What's new

Razor & Dopp Kit that no one else bid on - having doubts

Hey all,

so, an ebay bid just ended earlier today for a Gillette fat handled 3-piece razor and what appears to be a pretty well stocked Dopp Kit. I never expected to win it, especially at the opening bid price so it got me to think that maybe I bid on something I shouldn't have?

I've been outbid recently on several DE razors I've been watching (some 'Black Beauty' long slim adjustables, a 'Tech' that seemed to be a lot worse for wear, and a few others) so I fully expected someone else to bid on this kit - but no one did. So... did I just buy something and now everyone gets to point and laugh? :) Regardless, from the image of it, it looks like a neato burrito kit.

I think you did OK. I love vintage travel kits and that one has some neat stuff in it. I've bought 3 or 4 in this past year, sometimes just for one piece to use in my own Dopp kit.

You can turn around and get your $20 er, $32 shipped, back easily if you don't like it. The ad is poorly done, and the shipping seems expensive.

Phil

Shoot $32 for all that?? looks like a sweet kit to me let me know if you don't like it when it comes in and maybe we can work something out.

Definitely worth what you paid for it. You have two nice looking brushes there (one of which is likely brand new), and the other looks like it's usable without being restored. The brushes alone are probably worth the $20 you paid.

You won this due to the high shipping cost, poor description, and not crisp, and clean photos. :001_smile

This looks exciting. I concur with the brush analysis above PLUS its got one of my fave razors. The intriguing thing is what's in the unidentified containers. This is pretty cool. You gotta let us know how plays out.

- Doug

The intriguing thing is what's in the unidentified containers. This is pretty cool. You gotta let us know how plays out.

+1

a stick of Vintage Williams shaving soap, or some other fine vintage shaving soap would take this score from the you didn't overpay, to the truly awesome category!!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Fat Handled Tech was the primary photo, they are very common razors. Many folks won't even go further than the listing picture if it doesn't grab them.

Congrats on a fine score.

hehe - nasty settings didn't have me subscribed to my own posts (woops) - was wondering why there wasn't any responses. Anyway, okay then, guess I did good :)

Yeah, the shipping was kind of high, I'm sure it could be sent for about half of that in a flat rate priority box. But living in Hawaii, one gets used to being overcharged for shipping... so much for living on one of the most remote places on earth, eh?

guess I really lucked out - I'll keep you guys posted on what actually IS in the kit!

Top Bottom