What's new

Razor Display Case - Fun Weekend Project

I thought I might share this in case it was of interest to anyone and they wanted to build one. A couple of years ago I made this and it has held up really well and I've found it super useful. I tried finding a simple display case for my small razor collection that would allow me to hang it on the wall out of the reach of my toddler but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I also wanted it to be easy to retrieve a razor from (since this is where I keep my rotation razors) but also hold them securely. I also needed something that would fit my average 5/8 razors but also my big Brian Brown and Jerry Stark razors without having to have special spots for them.

To make it, I just got a cheap display box from the hobby store and sanded, stained and sealed it. I put a red felt backer in it just for looks and added some shelves. The base shelves have a hole drilled part way through with a forstern bit. The middle shelves have a slot made from two smaller holes routed out to meet. Pretty much the same construction concept you'd see in most display stands, just made to fit things a little tighter and make it a little easier to get the razors in and out.

It holds 22 razors and only about $30 in materials. It sure isn't perfect but it beats the heck out of a drawer full of boxes which is what I was using before. I took some pictures showing what the finished product looks like so you get an idea of the geometry. It was a fun weekend project that I've gotten a ton of use out of!

Attachments

• p_g_gibson_razor_case_front.jpg
    p_g_gibson_razor_case_front.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 52
  • p_g_gibson_razor_case_open.jpg
    p_g_gibson_razor_case_open.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 50
  • p_g_gibson_razor_case_detail1.jpg
    p_g_gibson_razor_case_detail1.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 45
  • p_g_gibson_razor_case_detail2.jpg
    p_g_gibson_razor_case_detail2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 46
Awesome! I like how it holds a bunch of razors and the wood looks awesome. And the cost! Very budget friendly. I am a fellow woodworker (trim carpenter by trade) so congrats on a great looking project.

Thank you! I’m no expert woodworker really, but it was a fun chance to use some tools that I don’t get to spend enough time with!

Top Bottom