What's new

Razor collection

I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of Straight razors everyone has on their collection. And which one(s) see regular action. Here is my small collection, I have two wade and butchers, Boker, one hart not pictured, and one gold Dollar. Right now the Boker has been getting a workout.

Attachments

• CC1C4BBC-C4D0-4200-A864-AA0D48D5C1DC.jpeg
    CC1C4BBC-C4D0-4200-A864-AA0D48D5C1DC.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 70
I have way too many to photograph but most go into rotation at some point, but a good idea to see what members have....

It would be nice to see some reviews from members favorite straights..

I made this case to display a few of my favorite straights: In it i have a couple of filis, dubl duck, Wade and butcher , Puma and a thiers Issard. I have all of my daily users on the bottom. Im one razor away from putting together a seven day set of my liking.
IMG_7811.jpg

I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of Straight razors everyone has on their collection. And which one(s) see regular action.
You are poking a bear... I don't know of the crowd here, but I've seen collections which could almost make me stop wanting to collect razors :)

Anyway, if you can ever get a hand on it, I would suggest Renzo Jardella's book

I have way too many to photograph but most go into rotation at some point, but a good idea to see what members have....

It would be nice to see some reviews from members favorite straights..
A family photo would be difficult for you to pull off... You would have to empty your straight razor warehouse first, this would likely take many weeks, if not months??? ;-)

A family photo would be difficult for you to pull off... You would have to empty your straight razor warehouse first, this would likely take many weeks, if not months??? ;-)

The only problem with it the wife would see them all and go emmmmm mental or whatnot, well lets put it this way she stands at 5 foot nothing and I get out of her way.

So its better to not stir the hornets nest so to speak.....:a11::a11::a11::a11:

All right here we go.
I tried to group them with some Logic. from left to right:

Cheap vintage Solingen and one Pearson ~'20's (These are super cool razors, you could say my favorites)
more expensive Solingen steel (new Puma, the Kama is from Revisor, the Areuka from a flea market)
Heljestrand
My one Japanese (easiest to use, but not the smoothest result) +Kropp (a beauty I think) +weird stainless steel razor
2 Russians (the top one might be my best shaver)
3 Titans, all different steel
2 Kure Nai (one branded as Zertone)
4 gold Dollars

Last edited:
Here is mine. There is at 3 more that are not shown, a Moreley spanish point, Regeldso, and a Torrey double concave w/locking scales. I'm sure if you look in the "what did you use today" posting you will see those in there. I use all of them and cleaned and restored all of them. Right now If u was to add more itwould have to be quite different and one of a kind.

Larry

F49E1D70-B64F-4B58-AE3A-3BB20DF0D303.jpeg
C4CADE16-1180-4113-9138-570050BB905F.jpeg
4A6001C1-C820-4DEB-B1CA-B0205920EB1B.jpeg

Cool thread!

I recently scaled back a bit and made some changes to get to a place I'm really happy with. Pictures below, but here's the lineup:

Razors: Mappin & Webb 7 day set of wedges; John Weiss 5/8" wedges matched pair in black horn and natural, W&B complimentary pair, 1 FBU bone scale and 1 FGU black horn (original).

Other kit: hammered silver travel set circa 1900 by Percy Whitehouse

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom