What's new

Razor Bumps!?!?!

I shaved with the Injector today and for the first time since wet shaving, I got bumps. I have lil white ones, big white ones, red ones (both lil and big), yellow oozing ones and green throbbing ones. I have bumps on bumps, I have white ones with green puss and red ones that leak yellow fluid.

OK, so I am exaggerating(sp) a bit. But I do have lil white bumps under my chin area......What ya think caused them??

What type of injector is it? I've got an E-type (amber-colored handle) that is fairly aggressive, so it's imperative to go slow, if that's the one you've got. You also have to be careful with the blade angle. The flat part of the head has to be against your face. It could be you scraped, rather than cut? For my part, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I've set aside my injector for something less aggressive for a while, and might take it up again next week.

I went slow, but the angle might have been off. Bumps are mostly gone now. Going to use the Tech for a bit and give the injector a rest.

BTW, mine has a Bakelite handle and a brass head. The handle looks like bone.

sounds like more of a software snafu than a hadware problem. maybe it's just me...
i have an across the board distrust of injectors.

It could very well be an e-type. I think you can tell by the patent number on the underside of the head. If there's only one, it's likely an E. Lighter colored handles are g-types, from the 40s, 50s. www.safetyrazors.net has a pretty comprehensive Schick site, that can help you identify razors.

I had a "g" and found it gave close, mild shaves. Unfortunately, the nubs that hold the blade were too worn to make it usable for long. I'm on the lookout for another one. Well, with this razor collecting mania, one becomes two, or more....

Top Bottom