What's new

Razor & brush shelf

I've been wanting to make a shelf of some sort for awhile to hold razors and brushes so using a piece of synthetic counter material that I had left over, I cut some slots in it to hold a few brushes and razors. It's not very large but it does a good enough job. You can't see much from the photo due to the clutter so I'll take a pic later showing just the shelf. I cut some horizontal angled slots across the holes where the razors sit so as not to hold water under the heads.

$shelf.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant idea! I like it and it even looks like the SWMBO's of the world would approve.

The only question becomes...what if you have more razors and brushes than that? I suppose you could do multiple rows or make a long shelf.

Very nice work! I have no SWMBO and a dual sink master bath, but all the walls are either mirror or shower glass. I don't even have a bathroom door, just an open space. I have designated one of my sinks as the "shave sink", but I have to stick to freestanding stands. I'm jealous of your craftsmanship.

Quite impressive. It looks like you have room for one more brush at the far left end, is that right?

I see what you mean but but it's not an extra place for a brush, simply the top of a bottle that makes it appear that way in the photo. My initial intentions were to drill more holes to accommodate additional razors but I figured four slots was enough as I do not have a vast collection and the few others I do have are duplicates tucked away. The shelf is made from a leftover piece of synthetic countertop that I had put away in the garage. It's very simple to cut/drill and a dremel makes fast work of bevels, etc so that brushes sit nicely. All in all, about an hours work including putting it on the wall. I've seen this same type material in home improvement stores in various colours sold as backsplashes. It's not expensive and it's waterproof which is a bonus. Here's a photo that shows a little more detail.

$IMG_5529.jpg

First of is that a CARTON of Feathers! Second, what did you use for the edges? Looks too clean for a Dremel, router bit?

First of is that a CARTON of Feathers! Second, what did you use for the edges? Looks too clean for a Dremel, router bit?

1. Yes, a carton of feathers 2. The outer edge was already there, I simply used a plastic brush holder to draw the u shapes for where the brushes hang, drilled them out and smoothed them with a sanding drum on a dremel. I then took another cutting bit and put a bevel so that the brushes sit into it vs just on it so they don't fall off. The offset angles on the edges near where the brushes go, I hit with a file just to. Something that really can't be seen in the photo is I also cut some angled slots on each side of the razor holes to help drain any water.

Top Bottom