What's new

Razor blades purchased by the 100 that ended up in your drawer.

I shave my head with Dorco ST300 blades made in Vietnam, and I said to myself today, why not try to shave with a blade that does not suit me for the beard ?

I shave my head with a Chinese Blue Gillette razor to which I add a reverse shim because I have sensitive skin, I loaded it with a Shark super stainless steel, it does the job, I do two passes, I use a single use blade.

The blades that are in my drawer that I would only use to shave my head.

Astra green x90
Derby Usta x90
EuroMax Cryo Sputtered Platinum x90
Cloud x90
Shark super stainless x90

I like to get up in the morning and have a good idea, especially since I am someone who likes to experiment.

@musicman1951 , I had purchased a box of 10 Gillette Platinum to test them, as I have sensitive skin I found myself with a face that had been in the war.

@Halfblade , The gap is reduced, there is a reduced level of aggressivity.

Now, I shave my head with a Chinese copy generic of the DOC Razorock head.
Yaqi also sells this head under the name Mellon.

Since 3 weeks that I shave my head with this head, I have no more irritations, no redness,
it is clean in two passes.

Mellon.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Early on I bought 💯 derby extra. They were terrible. I pifed the lot. Since then I’ve been fairly luck on 💯 packs. Blades with very mixed reviews like shark, I just got a few tucks to try rather than 💯

It only went wrong twice in my early days as a blade hoarder, both times based on reviews and not by trial; a 100-pack of Derby's (piffed package by package) and a 100-pack of Russian Astra's after liking the original Czech-made ones and reading all the hallelujah stories (made somebody else happy).

Lesson learned; try before you buy (big)!

Czech Blades blued carbon steel three-hole blades - these may be the dullest blades known to man.

The Tiger Platinum stainless blades are better, and while not very sharp, I can usually get at least 4 shaves out of each.

@Halfblade , The gap is reduced, there is a reduced level of aggressivity.

Now, I shave my head with a Chinese copy generic of the DOC Razorock head.
Yaqi also sells this head under the name Mellon.

Since 3 weeks that I shave my head with this head, I have no more irritations, no redness,
it is clean in two passes.

View attachment 1364592
May I suggest tape strips under the cap or a taped reverse shim?

Both should work better than a plain reverse shim.

I bought 100 packs of blades I like, Bic chrome, Polsilver SI, and Nacets. I also got 50 feathers with the purchase of a razor.

I still have about 90 of each of the 100 packs and 40 odd feathers. As I mainly use straights I would typically use 2 blades a year. At this rate, I'm set until about 2141 for blades. I have given a few blades to people starting DE shaving as they were only aware of Derby and Big Bens, neither of which worked well for me.

I still like the blades, I just prefer straights.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
There are plenty I have tried via purchasing a 100 pack because it was cheap. No sense hunting down a tuck when a hundred pack is around the price of a pint of beer. These are some of those that I have sitting in the drawer unused. I often add tucks to the PIF bags I make up for friends, Xmas stockings, etc.

Lab Blues
bic
Tatra
Tiger
Silver star
Several Rapira varieties
Ladas
GSB
Several 7 O’Clock varieties
I’m sure there are more hiding in there

Top Bottom