What's new

Razor Blades in Candy

….well, almost. I recently acquired three vintage razors. I prepared a tub of warm water and Dawn and started dissembling the parts and putting them in. While admiring the contents I saw it, there was an old razor blade on the top cap of the Post War Tech! I had unknowingly handled this sharp, and considered myself lucky that I had not sliced my fingers. Note to self, always check my acquisitions. (Other note: didn’t I tell myself these were the last razors I was ever going to buying? Uh oh, I sense trouble…)

Sidebar: I don’t usually collect blades, but I was happy to get this one. The date code verified the approximate age of the razor, and it fell within the range of my birthday. We are approximately the same age!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
….well, almost. I recently acquired three vintage razors. I prepared a tub of warm water and Dawn and started dissembling the parts and putting them in. While admiring the contents I saw it, there was an old razor blade on the top cap of the Post War Tech! I had unknowingly handled this sharp, and considered myself lucky that I had not sliced my fingers. Note to self, always check my acquisitions. (Other note: didn’t I tell myself these were the last razors I was ever going to buying? Uh oh, I sense trouble…)

Sidebar: I don’t usually collect blades, but I was happy to get this one. The date code verified the approximate age of the razor, and it fell within the range of my birthday. We are approximately the same age!

Pictures please.....Thank you :)

Here is the Early Post War Tech with the 1951 Gillette Thin Blade. The cap is amazingly pristine, but It still needs a little cleaning and polishing. I’ll post all three razors on the New Aquisition tread when I’m finished.
AB2FBDF6-27AC-4EA2-A78C-101AFAEB663D.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Here is the Early Post War Tech with the 1951 Gillette Thin Blade. The cap is amazingly pristine, but It still needs a little cleaning and polishing. I’ll post all three razors on the New Aquisition tread when I’m finished.
View attachment 1445516

WOW, you aint kidding that the razor is pristine, looks excellent to me! And looking at that blade, obviously rusty but, look where its made. I don't think Gillette makes any razor blades in the USA anymore, I've heard their blades are made in several other countries infact.

I had unknowingly handled this sharp, and considered myself lucky that I had not sliced my fingers.
I sliced my thumb up brilliantly a few weeks ago when replacing a blade in my Aluminum Lupo with the rounded edges. First time that has ever happened to me after DE shaving for about 8 years. And I've had the Lupo for a year. The scar is almost completely gone now...
Luckily, a styptic stick stopped the bleeding pretty quickly, but that gash was still deep.

Now I use a towel for every razor.

I sliced my thumb up brilliantly a few weeks ago when replacing a blade in my Aluminum Lupo with the rounded edges. First time that has ever happened to me after DE shaving for about 8 years. And I've had the Lupo for a year. The scar is almost completely gone now...
I had a similar experience cleaning a razor and blade after a shave. My thumb took almost a month to heal. I had to redo my thumbprint for my iPhone access!

Top Bottom