What's new

Razor Blades From India

Blades in their order of overall performance:
1. Gillette 7'O Clock Black - Very Sharp, 4 shaves, high price
2. Gillette 7'O Clock Green( Permasharp) - Sharp, 4 Shaves, Price is OK
3. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blade - Sharp, 3 Shaves, Reasonably Priced
4. Supermax Diamond Edge - Sharp, 3 shaves, reasonably priced
5. Supermax stainless - mid sharp, 2 OK shaves, low priced
6. Laser ultra Triple Coated Edges - kind of mid sharp, 2 OK shaves, low priced, smooth but not close shave
7. Topaz stainless - *** blades, no use worst ever, not even the first stroke was ok, rough, tugged, and thrown
8. Lancet Green blades- Ok for one shave single pass - cheaper than any other blade

Note- Price comparison as per the availability and pricing in Indian Retail market, for other countries prices may vary and so the comparison.

Blades in their order of overall performance:
1. Gillette 7'O Clock Black - Very Sharp, 4 shaves, high price
2. Gillette 7'O Clock Green( Permasharp) - Sharp, 4 Shaves, Price is OK
3. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blade - Sharp, 3 Shaves, Reasonably Priced
4. Supermax Diamond Edge - Sharp, 3 shaves, reasonably priced
5. Supermax stainless - mid sharp, 2 OK shaves, low priced
6. Laser ultra Triple Coated Edges - kind of mid sharp, 2 OK shaves, low priced, smooth but not close shave
7. Topaz stainless - *** blades, no use worst ever, not even the first stroke was ok, rough, tugged, and thrown
8. Lancet Green blades- Ok for one shave single pass - cheaper than any other blade

Note- Price comparison as per the availability and pricing in Indian Retail market, for other countries prices may vary and so the comparison.
I'm just starting to explore Indian blades.

Many thanks!

It's been a long time since I've used Zorrik. I thought that they were acceptable and usable, but others were better.

The Zorrik Blades which are available in India are good for one time shave - 3 passes, nothing special about them.
Been trying out a Zorrik Super Platinum lately...on my 8th shave with it & getting a BBS with it each time.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Blades are so YMMV.

I had a sample Gillette Wilkinson Sword with a razor that I bought. I tried it and got great shaves. I find them sharper than Voskhods and every bit as smooth. They are longer lasting, too.

Bought another razor, got another GWS, still had nice shaves with it. Bought a 50 pack of them.

They aren't my favorite blade, but I have so few that I can use because of allergies to the coatings on the blades, that I do use them a lot and like them a lot.

I get my best shaves with Super-Max Platinums. They're a little rough on the first pass, but after that smooth as can be. They give me my closest shaves and I'd have to try hard to get irritation. They work well in any razor I've tried em in.

GWSs work well for me, too, but I haven't used enough of them yet to say much more.

I tried a Zorrik long ago and it was the worst blade I've ever used. Hopefully they've improved.

The majority of blades in India totally suck for my use! Blunt, tuggy and just horrible!

The only Indian blades i like are:
- Gillette super platinum (blacks)
- Gillette permasharp (greens)
- Gillette Wilkinson sword is OK but doesn't compare to the above two.

Everything else basically just sucks!!

I find the Gillette wilkinsons to be quite good, as I usually don't nick myself with them. The black is also good, but too aggressive and sharp for me. Never tried the indian Greens.
Did try the Russian made Greens, but didn't find them smooth, though they are pretty sharp.

This is my experience with Indian blades (from best to worst)

1. Gillette 7'O Clock Black - On of my top three blade. 6 great shaves - 9/10
2. Super Max Super Platinum - Excellent every day blade good for 5 shaves - 8,5/10
3. Gillette 7'O Clock Green( Permasharp) - Very good blade worth the price tag - 8/10
4. Super Max Super Stainless (Blue) - Not very common but good - 7/10
5. Zorrik Super Platinum - Another good blade for 5 comfortable shaves -7/10
6. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blade - Not bad but I much prefer the germans - 6,5/10
7. Supermax Blue Diamond - good for 3 shaves, nothing special 6/10
8. Supermax stainless - These are maybe the most common Super Max. Didn't like them 5/10
9. Zorrik stainless - Rubbish - 3/10

As usual, blades are very subjective

Last edited:
This is my experience with Indian blades (from best to worst)

1. Gillette 7'O Clock Black - On of my top three blade. 6 great shaves - 9/10
2. Super Max Super Platinum - Excellent every day blade good for 5 shaves - 8,5/10
3. Gillette 7'O Clock Green( Permasharp) - Very good blade worth the price tag - 8/10
4. Super Max Super Stainless (Blue) - Not very common but good - 7/10
5. Zorrik Super Platinum - Another good blade for 5 comfortable shaves -7/10
6. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blade - Not bad but I much prefer the germans - 6,5/10
7. Supermax Blue Diamond - good for 3 shaves, nothing special 6/10
8. Supermax stainless - These are maybe the most common Super Max. Didn't like them 5/10
9. Zorrik stainless - Rubbish - 3/10

As usual, blades are very subjective
Great review as I agree with your findings to the letter.Sometimes I'll cork a blade thats bad just to see if it can be salvaged ...did that with Rorrik platinum and really enjoyed the shave.It all matters ...Soap.....preshave......shower before shaving n....it all effects the shave.Soap or Cream most of all

Great review as I agree with your findings to the letter.Sometimes I'll cork a blade thats bad just to see if it can be salvaged ...did that with Rorrik platinum and really enjoyed the shave.It all matters ...Soap.....preshave......shower before shaving n....it all effects the shave.Soap or Cream most of all
I totally agree that 7 O'clock Blacks are outstanding, but why mess about experimenting? The only ones that are better are Personna Med Preps. Also, I like buying things which are made in India! There is a lot of wisdom on B & B, so why risk lacerating yourself?

Top Bottom