What's new

Razor Blades From India

I recently purchased a 100 blade sampler on eBay for €6,75 - the seller has run his stock down and no longer sells this sampler.
http://www.ebay.es/itm/191790659544?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
proxy.php

I used 1 type of blade after another, in various different razors, I got a total of 26 shaves out of 10 blades, some were good, most weren't
Here are the results of my test....

Laser Stainless - 2 Shaves - Mediocre - 4/10
Laser Ultra - 3 Shaves - Average - 5/10
Topaz Stainless - 1 Shave - Nasty - 0/10
Vijay Stainless - 3 Shaves - Not Bad - 7/10
Topaz Platinum - 3 Shaves - Average - 5/10
Kleen Shave Premium - 3 Shaves - Not Bad - 6/10
Dorco ST300 Platinum - 3 Shaves - Average - 5/10
Super-Max Stainless - 2 Shaves - Poor - 3/10
Gillette Wilkinson Sword - 2 Shaves - Nasty - 1/10
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green - 4 Shaves - Nice - 9/10

The only ones I'll definitely buy again are Gillette 7 O'Clock Green, but to be fair they were one of my favourite blades before I bought the sampler
I'd consider buying Vijay or Kleen Shave if they were selling for crazy prices
I'd quite happily buy Dorco ST300 in an emergency if I had run out of blades
I'd use Laser Ultra or Topaz Platinum, but only if they were free
I wouldn't bother with Laser Stainless or Super-Max Stainless even if they were giving them away
I wouldn't even use Gillette Wilkinson Sword or Topaz Stainless again if you paid me - I'd rather take my chances with the obscure unbranded ones that come with cheap Chinese razors !!

Beware of blades made in India, some are better than others - they're only a bargain if they're useful !!

I have got smooth great shaves from the Supermax Platinum from a sampler blade. I ordered 100 & on my first shave they were as sharp as a Feather blade. I can't figure out what happened.??

Gillette 7 O'clock Blacks are one of the finest blades I've ever used. I find SuperMax Super Platinum vastly superior to SuperMax Platinm.

Where are the best Indian blades? SuperMax Super Platinum, SuperMax Blue Diamond, etc'?
I think the seller bought up a job lot of cheap blades from his local supermarket and parted them out as samplers

I've never tried Super-Max Platinum, I tried a Super-Max Blue Diamond that was gifted to me with my order from a Turkish eBay seller and liked all 3 shaves with it, but I can get better blades for less money

Gillette 7 O'clock Blacks are one of the finest blades I've ever used. I find SuperMax Super Platinum vastly superior to SuperMax Platinm.
It's possible that the Gillette 7 O'Clock Black I tried was a dud because I got 4 very scratchy shaves with it. The Gillette 7 O'Clock Green on the other hand gave me a very good shave every time

Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum and Kleen Shave are excellent.
I liked the Super-Max Blue Diamond that was gifted to me with my order from a Turkish eBay seller, but I can get better blades for less money. The Kleen Shave is a good blade, but not very readily available

Where are the best Indian blades? SuperMax Super Platinum, SuperMax Blue Diamond, etc'?

7 o'clock black and green both are excellent. Both are very sharp and smoother than any other DE blade I've tried so far.

The Gillette Wilkinson blades made in India version works well for me, on its first two uses it works great with all my slant razors. These blades are sometimes made in China by Gillette and exported to India, some do not like them.

So far I've had mostly good luck with Indian blades.
Super Max Stainless / Super Platinum/ Blue Diamond all have worked well and I got them super cheap.
The only ones I didn't like were the Wilkinson ones and to be honest I only tried one blade so it could of been a dud.

Honestly, I had high hopes with "Black O'Clock's", but I'm not really diggin' 'em.
Same here, I think Indian made Gillette 7 O'Clock Black are over-rated and overpriced, I preferred the Gillette 7 O'Clock Green.
I can get 150 Gillette 7 O'Clock Green on eBay for the same price as 100 Gillette 7 O'Clock Black !!

Top Bottom