What's new

Razor Blades Club: Legitimate Source?

Fantastic vendor, and they are legitimate. They ship out of Germany. I ordered 100 blades (12 different brands which are very hard to find, such as Sputnik, Racer and Minora), from the RBC website. When ordering direct from RBC, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to the USA. I am on the West Coast USA and it took about 20 days. RBC has a remarkable selection of blades, which allows you to try many brands. Many of the brands are not available anywhere else online. I also ordered several 100 blade packs from RBC through Amazon, and received them in 3 days (Tatra, Tiger and Voskhod). The prices for those 100 blade packs were incredibly low when compared to other USA vendors. Apparently, Amazon stocks the 100 blade packs for RBC in the Amazon USA fulfillment centers.

Having ordered from them on three occasions, I am fully satisfied. Great selection and good prices. Haven’t ordered since “COVID”, so did not experience any shipping delays.

A+ in my book.

... When ordering direct from RBC, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to the USA. I am on the West Coast USA and it took about 20 days.
I'm also on the west coast (just north of San Diego) and after four weeks my order is nowhere in sight. The tracking from RBC says, "Departure to destination country" but USPS says the order is in "Pre Shipment, Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" so... I don't know what's going on. I am assuming the order is stuck in customs but no one seems to know. I contacted USPS and they couldn't tell me anything. So, I've moved on. If the blades show up, great; if not, I'm over it. The blades I like are easy enough to come by without needing to go through RBC in the future.

I haven't had any problems with them, I have placed a few orders and I got everything pretty quick. If you want something faster, then seek them out on Amazon and get them there, granted you won't be able to pick and choose the blades you want, but they have samplers that are a great deal.

Yes it takes a bit longer to shop, however it's a great deal and they have a huge selection, slower shipping is the trade off.

Here’s my experience with RBC so far:

1. Ordered 12 days ago. Received order confirmation email immediately.

2. Received shipped confirmation email with USPS tracking number, plus a link to the USPS tracking page with auto population of the provided tracking number.

3. Clicked link and got a message that the tracking number is unrecognized or not in the system yet.

4. I use the provided link to check shipment status with usps several times over the next week, no change, number still not recognized.

5. I try manually cutting and pasting the number provided in the email directly into the USPS website myself, thinking it’s possible the provided link may be causing some sort of problem. Same result, tracking number not recognized.

6. I look closely at the tracking number RBC provided and realize it doesn’t look correct for a USPS tracking number - it’s too long and there is an underscore just prior to the last 4 digits. I remove the underscore and last 4 numbers, then enter that number into USPS tracking. Now I get messages stating that the label was created in Texas and that USPS is awaiting shipment. The dates of these messages correspond to the day after my order was placed, 7 days prior, which seems right except for the fact that Texas doesn’t seem like the correct shipping location as I thought RBC was overseas.

7. I write to RBC politely saying that the tracking number and link they have sent me is incorrect.

8. The next day I receive a reply stating that the tracking number is valid, and a different link, through easypost to USPS, not directly to USPS like the original link, is provided. There is also a note that I should start seeing the package show up in the system in the next day or two.

Checking the new linked website, I see the USPS Texas Pre-shipment info again. I also see that the incorrect tracking number originally provided to me has been amended to remove the additional 5 characters caused the number to be invalid in the initial email they sent me.

9. I write back to RBC thanking them for sending the updated info, but reaffirming that they did in fact send me an invalid tracking number initially, and I include their original email with that number and the associated link.

I get no reply to this.

10. Current: It’s been 12 days since I placed my order, 10 USPS working days. The RBC website states 6-10 working days delivery time to USA destinations but USPS tracking is still not showing the package in their system.

So, I have to say that at this point, I’m....underwhelmed. RBC does seem to have some issues that need sorting at the moment, at least from a customer service standpoint - Providing the correct tracking number, working tracking numbers, and accepting responsibility for mistakes. They should also be managing customer expectations better with regards to delivery times. Covid has been a thing for nearly a year now, they should have updated their website delivery time chart a long time ago.

That said, I realize selling a low profit item like razor blades and shipping them internationally is not making anyone rich. I also imagine this is most likely someone’s side hustle and possibly based in part on the person’s own enthusiasm for wet shaving, so I’m inclined to cut them some slack. I mean, in my case we’re talking $17 worth of hard to find (in the USA) razor blades, not some $600, over polished arty razor by the Michelangelo of the wet shaving world, so I’m not gonna lose my intestinal contents over the fact that my blade order has been handled less than ideally. OTH, neither am I inspired to recommend RBC enthusiastically at this point, and I certainly understand the frustration of those who have been waiting a month or more for their orders to arrive.

I’m currently at 2 weeks and recent international orders I’ve placed have generally taken 2-4 weeks, but none greater than 4, so we’ll see what ultimately happens with my order.

And that’s the story so far.

Here is their reply to me.
"All the orders shipped to US are late and not for our responsibility. You will see updates on the tracking codes provided for your order during the next week.
We have now implemented a different shipping method to deliver the orders to our US customer and it is in place starting from November 6th.
For the past orders we can only wait but we have paid insurance so they will arrive for sure."

Here is their reply to me.
"All the orders shipped to US are late and not for our responsibility. You will see updates on the tracking codes provided for your order during the next week.
We have now implemented a different shipping method to deliver the orders to our US customer and it is in place starting from November 6th.
For the past orders we can only wait but we have paid insurance so they will arrive for sure."

Interesting. I ordered November 9th, so my order should be via the “new method” and it now appears I will have my order substantially quicker than some who ordered before me, here’s an update:

Once I had the correct tracking number I signed up for email updates from USPS tracking. Early this morning I received 2 updates from USPS stating that the item had been received in Texas, and then forwarded to the next distribution facility, also in Texas. Estimated delivery is Wednesday, which would end up being just over 2 weeks since placing the order, so perhaps whatever changes RBC has made are working.

Didn't have an issue with my first order. 2nd order placed on the weekend of 14-Nov, shipped with Deutsche Post:
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.45.47 AM.png

Received my blades today, exactly 2 weeks after placing the order, so I’ve got no complaints regarding delivery time.

The box had no international postage or labels, only a preprinted U.S. postage paid label with a U.S. return address, so perhaps the “new method” RBC is using is some sort of forwarding service.

At any rate, if my experience is any indication, they may have things sorted now. No help for those who’ve already been waiting a month or more I realize, but RBC does seem to have responded to the problem. Time will tell, but I’d be willing to order from them again at this point.

Received my blades today, exactly 2 weeks after placing the order, so I’ve got no complaints regarding delivery time.

The box had no international postage or labels, only a preprinted U.S. postage paid label with a U.S. return address, so perhaps the “new method” RBC is using is some sort of forwarding service.

At any rate, if my experience is any indication, they may have things sorted now. No help for those who’ve already been waiting a month or more I realize, but RBC does seem to have responded to the problem. Time will tell, but I’d be willing to order from them again at this point.
Kinda chaps my butt that over a month later I am still waiting to hear that my blades have reached the USA and you received yours. I am sorry but this poor service and RBC saying it isn’t their fault is lame! Have they offered to reship my orders to make it right? Have they offered to refund my money? Not a sign of a good upstanding company. I am glad that you had a good experience but I didn’t. They lost my business, end of story. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them.

I'm glad I popped into this thread as I just placed an order through Amazon on the 18th because I had a credit to use up and they had a great price on some Silver Star blades I've put off ordering lately. I first thought it was real odd that the delivery originally said Dec 18-28th and yet I received notification through the USPS on my Informed Delivery page the next day that a shipping label had been created but hasn't changed since then!! It all makes sense now as the address for them through Amazon is in Sweden!!! Oh well... I have plenty of blades to hold me over til they arrive but will keep this info in mind when ordering the next time and will pay the extra couple bucks to get them from someone here in the states...

I'm glad I popped into this thread as I just placed an order through Amazon on the 18th because I had a credit to use up and they had a great price on some Silver Star blades I've put off ordering lately. I first thought it was real odd that the delivery originally said Dec 18-28th and yet I received notification through the USPS on my Informed Delivery page the next day that a shipping label had been created but hasn't changed since then!! It all makes sense now as the address for them through Amazon is in Sweden!!! Oh well... I have plenty of blades to hold me over til they arrive but will keep this info in mind when ordering the next time and will pay the extra couple bucks to get them from someone here in the states...

Do you have Prime? They're currently showing Silver Star blades from RBC as available for $7.99 a hundred with a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 3rd. with Prime. I've ordered from them this way with no issues at all.

No dog in this hunt, but I received an email from a European vendor stating that orders sent through the post are taking a month due to Covid. I think they said the orders were going by ship (!!), but also likely customs/border etc delays.

Do you have Prime? They're currently showing Silver Star blades from RBC as available for $7.99 a hundred with a delivery date of Thursday Dec. 3rd. with Prime. I've ordered from them this way with no issues at all.
I do not have Prime so it is what it is... I don't order enough from Amazon in 2yrs alone to save enough to pay for a 1yr Prime membership so its just not a smart purchase for me.... I order 3 times more stuff from Ebay because 9/10 its free shipping and cheaper to buy through them!! I had an Amazon credit to use up was the only reason I ordered through Amazon to begin with.

Top Bottom