What's new

Razor Blades Club: Legitimate Source?

If/when you receive them will you use the RBC-sourced blades ?
I got my son in law shaving gear for Christmas. Due to his wife and kids having Covid we probably won't see them for a couple of more weeks to exchange presents. I will probably throw them into the box of stuff I bought him. The blades I bought were just single tucks of various blades that I wanted to sample.

Pre COVID mail problems I never had trouble with RBC via Amazon or directly. They are solid, but they use the mail so it’s going to be dicey for another six months until everyone gets vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My complain is RBC stocked a lot of worthless brands from Bangladesh and China, obscure Indian and Turkish blades and stopped selling very good blades like Sputnik and Gillette Stainless Steel (reds) to name a few. No Wizamets when it would be so easy to sort them. No Derby Usta when those are the only Derby I would love to try.

They should read the forums as they have kind of lost track of the market. They would have Gillette London Bridges, Rubie Ultra Stainless or Super Nacets for sale instead of twenty variants of Bengali Samah Razor Blades nobody has heard before. They have plenty of China blades but the only one worthy, Gillette Super Blue, is missing.

My complain is RBC stocked a lot of worthless brands from Bangladesh and China, obscure Indian and Turkish blades and stopped selling very good blades like Sputnik and Gillette Stainless Steel (reds) to name a few. No Wizamets when it would be so easy to sort them. No Derby Usta when those are the only Derby I would love to try.

They should read the forums as they have kind of lost track of the market. They would have Gillette London Bridges, Rubie Ultra Stainless or Super Nacets for sale instead of twenty variants of Bengali Samah Razor Blades nobody has heard before. They have plenty of China blades but the only one worthy, Gillette Super Blue, is missing.

I suppose they get what their distributors make easily available to them. I don’t know how things are in Italy but Gillette reds have become extremely scarce where I am; I paid a bit more to get the 100 I bought last year and they have not been seen since. It seems as though Minoras are the flavor of the day, to use an idiom, for North American buyers. Multiple sellers have them, when blades of that name were essentially unobtainable for years.

The Gillette Red Stainless are out of production, and now they are a semi unobtanium blade to source. I've barely seen them on sale in the last few years. A few sellers in the UK had Sputniks a few years ago but they also seem to have become thin on the ground.

I agree about the obscure Bangladeshi blades who I imagine few are enthusiastic about, even in Bangladesh!

RE the MIC blades, I exchanged a few messages elsewhere with the owner of the UK's larger sellers (Connaught Shaving) and he said he wanted to source MIC blades but had issues with counterfeits and supply chains.

The Gillette Red Stainless are out of production, and now they are a semi unobtanium blade to source. I've barely seen them on sale in the last few years. A few sellers in the UK had Sputniks a few years ago but they also seem to have become thin on the ground.

I agree about the obscure Bangladeshi blades who I imagine few are enthusiastic about, even in Bangladesh!

RE the MIC blades, I exchanged a few messages elsewhere with the owner of the UK's larger sellers (Connaught Shaving) and he said he wanted to source MIC blades but had issues with counterfeits and supply chains.

They sell Sputniks on their ebay store (at a higher price) and on amazon (bundled with other blades I don't care for) but they don't on their website. Double shipping costs for the end user. Sputnik are the best selling razor blade in Russia, I doubt they are OOP.
I was unaware of the Gillette Reds (RIP). Maybe they relabelled them as Minora Stainless Steel?

They sell Sputniks on their ebay store (at a higher price) and on amazon (bundled with other blades I don't care for) but they don't on their website. Double shipping costs for the end user. Sputnik are the best selling razor blade in Russia, I doubt they are OOP.
I was unaware of the Gillette Reds (RIP). Maybe they relabelled them as Minora Stainless Steel?

I didn't know about the Sputniks not being on their website.

I'm not sure whether the Stainless Reds have reappeared as Minora SS.

I'm thinking of placing an order, but I'm wondering what recent ordering/shipping experiences have been like. Seems 2020 was not a good year to order from them. Hopefully things have improved.

Top Bottom