What's new

Razor Blade Review Section...

Why is it that the only section that is NOT alphabetized In the REVIEWS are the Razor Blades?

Frustrating indeed when looking up different blades.
I had PM'ed a MOD last fall and the reply was that it would get done.

Any news on this front?
Anybody else frustrated with that?
John

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Why is it that the only section that is NOT alphabetized In the REVIEWS are the Razor Blades?

Any news on this front?
John

It can be frustrating when you are dealing with this kind of stuff for sure.
Bear in mind that there is a lot of work that goes into jeeping B&B running.
With the possible exception of Slaglerock Superman, those guys are human, and it may have just slipped between the cracks.

It can be frustrating when you are dealing with this kind of stuff for sure.
Bear in mind that there is a lot of work that goes into jeeping B&B running.
With the possible exception of Slaglerock Superman, those guys are human, and it may have just slipped between the cracks.

Jim,
I understand & appreciate the work that is done behind the scenes and it is the main reason I contribute to this site.

It's just that this site does compare and contrast 3 major areas of interest:
  • Razors
  • Razor BLADES
  • Brushes
One leg of this shaving "holy trinity" just seems to need the same care the brushes and razors get.
An alphabetized razor blade section would help everyone (except the straight razor community). They could even split it up from SE, Injector, & DE blades.
Just a thought and thanks for the work the has been done and gets done,
John

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Jim,
I understand & appreciate the work that is done behind the scenes and it is the main reason I contribute to this site.

It's just that this site does compare and contrast 3 major areas of interest:
  • Razors
  • Razor BLADES
  • Brushes
One leg of this shaving "holy trinity" just seems to need the same care the brushes and razors get.
An alphabetized razor blade section would help everyone (except the straight razor community). They could even split it up from SE, Injector, & DE blades.
Just a thought and thanks for the work the has been done and gets done,
John

There are few higher honors around here than to be called Jim I can assure you!

I agree with you that it is something that bears attention,it's mighty hard to find something in a mishmass unsorted jumble.
I'm just saying that with the influx of new members here, the guys have been pretty busy.
That's the whole idea behind the Stewards, to allow the folks that work behind the scenes to actually do what they do.
Have no doubt it is on their "to do" list as soon as is possible to do so.

I agree.......

Razor Blades occupies a THE most pivotal role in the wet shaving process

A dedicated Reviews space can be alloted to Razor Blades as well as seperate Forum for discusions.

Vijay

Yes, I found it odd too why the razor blade reviews weren't alphabeticized. I don't no how many times I've scrolled through pages and pages looking up a particular blade. On the other hand I guess it takes time to get things done :001_smile

Yes, I found it odd too why the razor blade reviews weren't alphabeticized. I don't no how many times I've scrolled through pages and pages looking up a particular blade. On the other hand I guess it takes time to get things done :001_smile

Alphabetization will be great, but in the mean time, try the "Search This Category" tool to search for the blade name. Even better, go to the advanced search and search the titles only. That usually hones in on the correct review in my experience.

There are few higher honors around here than to be called Jim I can assure you!

I agree with you that it is something that bears attention,it's mighty hard to find something in a mishmass unsorted jumble.
I'm just saying that with the influx of new members here, the guys have been pretty busy.
That's the whole idea behind the Stewards, to allow the folks that work behind the scenes to actually do what they do.
Have no doubt it is on their "to do" list as soon as is possible to do so.

PHIL,
My apologies for thinking one name and typing a different one ( I had the "i" correct).
I understand, I just wanted to send out a reminder.
I am NOT complaining, just reminding.
John

Guys, I'll bring this to the attention of the mods and see if anything has been done with it.

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

DL

Like, the review title for Shark blades is, "Oh, those Sharks have a fine shave, my dear" or something to that effect. Really hard to spot. In the shavin' cream section, some of the reviews are "Taylors" or "TOBS" or "Taylor of Old Bond Street"... it's hard to filter. Or what about "Sandalwood Art of Shaving"... It wouldn't be alphabetical! I agree. I'd love it if they could all get an appropriate title changes.

Like, the review title for Shark blades is, "Oh, those Sharks have a fine shave, my dear" or something to that effect. Really hard to spot. In the shavin' cream section, some of the reviews are "Taylors" or "TOBS" or "Taylor of Old Bond Street"... it's hard to filter. Or what about "Sandalwood Art of Shaving"... It wouldn't be alphabetical! I agree. I'd love it if they could all get an appropriate title changes.

Wildcards could be set up like *shark* or *art of shaving* or something like:

"TOBS" or *Taylor*

If the forum has that capability.

Mark

Any news on this front?
John

John, sending PM.

Thanks Chad!!!

DL

Top Bottom