What's new

Razor blade care instructions from 1944

love this. I like the way the accent is on the first syllable of Gillette. Also, I can't see because of the watermark, but what razor is the man using?

Nifty vintage celluloid! WW2 era conservation stuff. Use that blade for a year because the metal you save makes ships! I can watch this stuff over and over. Thanks for posting this.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Not sure why the fellow wanted to store his razor blade in his pocket:001_tongu but I'm having a little fun with what the message was intended for- not to bump them.

Not sure why the fellow wanted to store his razor blade in his pocket:001_tongu but I'm having a little fun with what the message was intended for- not to bump them.
I know it was probably wartime, but I never got why he would nip on down to the Chemist shop and just buy a single blade.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I know it was probably wartime, but I never got why he would nip on down to the Chemist shop and just buy a single blade.
Yup, Wartime and shortages were common know doubt. Never gave it much thought about the date. Still a good film for its time and present because they had issues back then I see. The edge is finite in the 10's of thousands of a inch that a recklessness handling would damage the edge like it still would today whether it be DE, SE, or cartridge blades.

I have a blade collection that's into the thousands, and I love the fact that they are so cheap; but there was something very pleasing about watching the portrayal of a man buying a single blade, packing it not fussily but with care for the trip home, and unwrapping it in the same spirit.

Top Bottom