What's new

razor blade agression

DE blades don't vary in aggressiveness very much. Try a few for several shaves each and stick with your favorite. If you're new to wet shaving then I'd just pick one blade that the community generally likes and stick with it while you get the technique down.

DE blades don't vary in aggressiveness very much. Try a few for several shaves each and stick with your favorite. If you're new to wet shaving then I'd just pick one blade that the community generally likes and stick with it while you get the technique down.
i ment the acutal razor itself, like a gillette fatboy or a slim. how would one pick the aggression setting on it?

i ment the acutal razor itself, like a gillette fatboy or a slim. how would one pick the aggression setting on it?
Start low and work up the settings till you find your preferred setting is a sound method. With adjustable razors I find the setting I like and leave it but some change the setting as they work through the passes.
You may want to start with a wider blade gap if you are shaving a multi day growth which is another variable to consider.
There is no definitive answer to your question.

Like many I can roughly rank razors based on aggressiveness but not blades.

I characterize blades using terms such as: sharp, smooth, comfortable and long-lasting or vice -versa.

However, what works for me may not work so well for you. You do need to try things for yourself!

Top Bottom