What's new

Razor Angle

g1010 said:
Ok All,
It happened for me this morning...
I shaved this morning and had the best shave of my life without any cuts, nick, or gushing blood.:biggrin:
Here's the key... Scotto said, "NO PRESSURE. In fact you should almost feel like you are supporting some of the razor's weight, and letting the sharp blade do the cutting." I knew not to add pressure but this illustration about supporting the razor really turned on the lights for me and wow what a difference. This whole time I thought I was shaving with no pressure, but boy I had no idea.
Thanks to all,
:biggrin: Gee:biggrin:
Great. That's what you want. You don't have to worry about supporting some of the razor's weight until you start opening up the razor or using Feather blades. Right now you're on track, and all you need to think about is letting the razor float over your face.

Ron has helped me so much in my shaving routine...he is the inventor of the Guenron Flying "V" Shaving routine. It has helped me get close shaves consistently.

He taught me the Fred and Barney thing , too. So when I finish with my shave, I alwyas make sure that I finish on the "Fred" side...so I can yell....YABBA-DABBA-DOO !!! Thats the secret to a great shave....

Let the master himself tell you what the Gueron Flying "V" Shaving rountine is ....

mark the shoeshine boy

mark the shoeshine boy said:
Ron has helped me so much in my shaving routine...he is the inventor of the Guenron Flying "V" Shaving routine. It has helped me get close shaves consistently.

He taught me the Fred and Barney thing , too. So when I finish with my shave, I alwyas make sure that I finish on the "Fred" side...so I can yell....YABBA-DABBA-DOO !!! Thats the secret to a great shave....

Let the master himself tell you what the Gueron Flying "V" Shaving rountine is ....

mark the shoeshine boy
I can't wait to hear!

Joe & Mark,
Thanks for the input, I have continued getting great shaves. Every time I shave now I'm getting a great shave. I think I'm over the hurdle. I look forward to my morning routines now.

One of my friend looked at me crazy today after I told him, "I can't wait until tomorrow!" He said, "Why?" I replied, "because I get to shave again!" He thought I was out of my mind. It's hard to get people to understand what shaving could be like, unless they try for themselves. Anyways, Thanks again.
Gee

Guenron,
I can't wait to hear about this Flying "V". Send me a PM when you have it written out.
Thanks Gee

All,
Ok, I am still getting the best shaves of my life, but right at the Adam's Apple for the last too day I've been getting really red.

A little bit of history... It's just been getting red since I've opened the VISION all the way open. I don't want to have to dial it down because I like the closeness of the shave, but I don't want my neck too be red either.

I think at the Adam's Apple I'm only going to have too dial it down, but "what do you guys do when this happens to you? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gee

g1010 said:
All,
Ok, I am still getting the best shaves of my life, but right at the Adam's Apple for the last too day I've been getting really red.

A little bit of history... It's just been getting red since I've opened the VISION all the way open. I don't want to have to dial it down because I like the closeness of the shave, but I don't want my neck too be red either.

I think at the Adam's Apple I'm only going to have too dial it down, but "what do you guys do when this happens to you? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gee
Usually, I can avoid that problem by better stretching. The neck seems to be more sensitive than other areas, and loose skin seems to be a problem there.

gee...

take a look at what Guenron did for you...here is the complete 4 pass method....stay in this razor subject and look for the 4pass method....

mark ths shoeshine boy

For me, the meaning of shaving is to CUT the stubble away, not to SCRAPE it away.
Following this statement, I position my razor with its handle lifted as much as possible, so the angle between the blade and my skin is as close as possible (imagine hone a straight razor).
This is what I do when I shave.
How do You do it ?

Same. Low blade angle. As low as a given razor will allow.

For me, the meaning of shaving is to CUT the stubble away, not to SCRAPE it away.
Following this statement, I position my razor with its handle lifted as much as possible, so the angle between the blade and my skin is as close as possible (imagine hone a straight razor).
This is what I do when I shave.
How do You do it ?

Top Bottom