What's new

Razoblique, has anyone used it?

As I thought this 3D printed Italian razor would fit in my collection, I purchased it this morning.
I saw an Italian video review and it seems a nice polymere slant.
When I surfed the Internet, I discovered the company that made it "Rasoi Milano" closed its doors.
I think I was lucky to be able to buy this one, surely one of the last available.
Has any of you used it, or knows more about this razor?

1DBAA270-2F8C-4F1E-ADD6-1D2030714E44.jpeg

Got it in yesterday from Maggard. First shave this morning using a Voskhod teflon blade and Captains Choice lime shave cream and a Frank Shaving silvertip. A very mild feel but a beautiful shave using my usual two passes. Well made razor at 4/10 oz. The blade fits in perfectly. You don't know this is a slant until you hold it up by the handle. If you like mild razors but very efficient shaves this is perfect. At only $20 its a bargain.

Razoblique.JPG

Got it in yesterday from Maggard. First shave this morning using a Voskhod teflon blade and Captains Choice lime shave cream and a Frank Shaving silvertip. A very mild feel but a beautiful shave using my usual two passes. Well made razor at 4/10 oz. The blade fits in perfectly. You don't know this is a slant until you hold it up by the handle. If you like mild razors but very efficient shaves this is perfect. At only $20 its a bargain.

View attachment 1452403
Got mine yesterday. Beautiful little razor. I will use it tonight 👍

Iridian

Cool and slimy
As far as slants go, we must perhaps be a bit more precise when describing them.

There are slants that basically tilt the head to one side, at an OBLIQUE angle.
See what I did there, this is probably where the razor got its name form.

Then there are slants where the blade is heavily twisted/torsioned inside the head.
The Wunderbar, DS-XT and to a lesser degree the Ikon B1 slant come to mind.

I was hoping for a remake of the FASAN slant, which was made entirely out of plastic as well. This one is still famous for its efficiency. But I must admit some disappointment when seeing that it seems to be just slanted and not torsioned. Or is it?

As far as slants go, we must perhaps be a bit more precise when describing them.

There are slants that basically tilt the head to one side, at an OBLIQUE angle.
See what I did there, this is probably where the razor got its name form.

Then there are slants where the blade is heavily twisted/torsioned inside the head.
The Wunderbar, DS-XT and to a lesser degree the Ikon B1 slant come to mind.

I was hoping for a remake of the FASAN slant, which was made entirely out of plastic as well. This one is still famous for its efficiency. But I must admit some disappointment when seeing that it seems to be just slanted and not torsioned. Or is it?
I think you are right. The head is not like the Fasan or Trumpf.
As you can see in the picture, the slant effect is caused by the way the head attaches to the handle.

ED0A5EC0-4285-4DE7-B1F1-CD815B05B68E.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Thank you, Jack. Rotbart made such heads that were mounted tilted around ... okay, I would have to guess, not sure anymore where I read that... between WW1 and WW2. They were called "Schrägschnitt-Rasierhobel", which can be translated as "oblique cut safety razor".

It's not a big secret, but I would throw money at the person to make a stainless steel or bronze Fasan!!! :)

First shave with it.
As @uptown found: it is fairly mild.
As can be expected, looking at the blade gap.
It wouldn't be fair to compare the Razoblique to the polymer and bakelite vintage monsters I use.
But this little razor does stand its own ground.
It definitely shaves like a slant should. The difficult parts of my stubble were gone fast. No need to go over them twice.

One thing I noticed: after my usual two passes, there were some small patches of stubble left.
I took my after shave shower and used the Razoblique for the last stubble.
No soap, just water. Like how I used to shave with carts.
This little razor took care of the last stubble quite easily.

I would recommend the Razoblique for those who like an easy, nickfree shave, but would like a slant in their den. It would be a great travel razor too. And last, but not least: if you are in a hurry in the morning and want to shave while in the shower: this razor is for you.
Better hurry: the company stopped producing them. The famous canadian dealer has a few left.

Top Bottom