What's new

RazeRock Aluminium Lupo

I just tried the Aluminium Lupo and I really liked the shave. Efficient and very mild.
However I don't like the weight it's just to light and I would prefer a handle with a bit more grip. Which razor comes close to the aluminum lupo, so I can give it a try?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I just tried the Aluminium Lupo and I really liked the shave. Efficient and very mild.
However I don't like the weight it's just to light and I would prefer a handle with a bit more grip. Which razor comes close to the aluminum lupo, so I can give it a try?
You could try a nice Titanium or Stainless handle with the Aluminum Lupo head. :)

I had one. I loved it initially but after that I could never get a consistent good shave. I traded my aluminum Lupo on this forum for a Merkur 33C which is now in my razor rotation. The biggest issue I had with the aluminum Lupo was the drag on my face. I've never had a razor drag this much in my life. But like everything in shaving YMMV.

I use Feather blades, and drag is not a problem for me. If the razor seems to be dragging, it's time to change the blade.

As you say, YMMV.

. Charles
Too late I traded this razor for a Merkur 33C which I love. Different blades never made any difference for me with this razor. Always seemed to drag & skip over my face. And the person who acquired this razor from me on this forum tried to sell it on the BST. He didn't like either. But YMMV.

I love my DLC lupo. It's a smooth razor. I keep the aluminum lupo in my travel kit. Too bad the DLC lupo was discontinued as some gents didn't like the rounded edges of the razor which didn't allow it to rest on its head. I use a stand anyway for my razors

I had one. I loved it initially but after that I could never get a consistent good shave. I traded my aluminum Lupo on this forum for a Merkur 33C which is now in my razor rotation. The biggest issue I had with the aluminum Lupo was the drag on my face. I've never had a razor drag this much in my life. But like everything in shaving YMMV.
The lupo desires a good blade. Feather, Astor , Bic...

Too late I traded this razor for a Merkur 33C which I love. Different blades never made any difference for me with this razor. Always seemed to drag & skip over my face. And the person who acquired this razor from me on this forum tried to sell it on the BST. He didn't like either. But YMMV.
You have to adjust the angle of use. The aluminum lupo will drag at a steep angle. The best angle for this razor is the natural angle. Put the cap on your face and turn the handle until the guard touches skin.

You have to adjust the angle of use. The aluminum lupo will drag at a steep angle. The best angle for this razor is the natural angle. Put the cap on your face and turn the handle until the guard touches skin.
Thanks for the tip. If I'm lucky enough to get Alzheimer's and forget how much I hated this razor and buy another one. I will certainly try your tip provided I can remember it. Have a good night.

Top Bottom