What's new

Raw rs-10 on its way

so I finally gave in and bought it - so now the wait begins.

By the way- what is the retention rate for this razor?
How many have you guys seen on bst forum?

When you're looking at $365 for a razor, one question that comes to mind is,
what if I don't like it as much as I thought I would?

If it's a razor that isn't made any more or just impossible to get, then it's
relatively easy to sell it and move on.

The RS10 is freely available and sometimes on sale. So I imagine its harder to recoup
your money.

Im experiencing this currently with a Timeless 95...it's just about brand new and no takers
even at $165...and this is a $250+ razor.

I would definitely want to try a super high-end razor like the RS-10 before committing to purchase,
but that is not always possible.

I’ve never even heard of it.

Now you have! Here it is:
2019-02-13 17.46.22.jpg

2019-02-13 17.47.49.jpg

2019-02-13 17.47.14.jpg

To the OP & others, yes check out the review thread that @CzechCzar linked for more detailed info.

When you're looking at $365 for a razor, one question that comes to mind is,
what if I don't like it as much as I thought I would?

If it's a razor that isn't made any more or just impossible to get, then it's
relatively easy to sell it and move on.

The RS10 is freely available and sometimes on sale. So I imagine its harder to recoup
your money.

Im experiencing this currently with a Timeless 95...it's just about brand new and no takers
even at $165...and this is a $250+ razor.

I would definitely want to try a super high-end razor like the RS-10 before committing to purchase,
but that is not always possible.

Sorry to hear about your timeless.

I won't plonk down $150 on an untested razor as I've hear of too many great reviews not living up to the hype.

I'm not saying the raw isn't going to be good or even great, but personally I've gotten great shaves from all my current DEs.

Hard to say how good the razor is, for one none of us have your face :D Second, reviews will be scarce as the market just isn't there. Few of us can justify/afford that price tag on a razor. I'd imagine you'll probably not get your money back if you resell it. Those who can afford it probably just buy it new.
Only exception is Wolfman IMO who has been smart about not flooding the market with available razors. People jump on those on the BST as they are hard to come by.

And as for all new razors: given time the hype dies down and they flood the BST forums, doesn't matter if it was the 6s, ATT, Timeless, Karve, you name it. Doesn't mean they aren't good razors, just people buying into the hype and eventually realising it is just another razor :D
Same will all items really, especially soaps. Which is why artisans keep pushing new formulas and scents. Trimming the marks :D

That being said I hope you enjoy your razor and offer a review after some time. And they don't count without pictures ;)

Not a big deal....nice razor....but it taught me that I actually prefer something more sleek like a Blackbird.

The blackbird was a razor that caught my attention as did the dart but at $185 out was not something I wanted to risk getting n not liking too.

I'm curious what do you mean by it being sleeker than the timeless?

I've learnt that I prefer thinner heads n guards like some the vintage gillettes. The slim has replaced my tech as my daily driver and despite my earlier concerns about a game changer, it too is starting to grow on me.

Sorry to the OP for going so far off topic lol.

Congrats and from what I am reading it is a fine instrument. Also when getting both plates price is very similar to Timeless.
We all trying to buy locally made and we want to support innovation and see high end products for shaving. This what it takes, I am sure Ali would make more money doing something for Wallmart. We don’t want that, do we? Yes it is expensive, but would it change a whole life financial outcome? Likely not. For Matt and Stan and Ali and James and other to start a business and buy equipment and do a design and such takes lots of money and frankly balls. They went in to business well knowing that there is a very limited market. By the way, I did put money where my mouth is, RS-10 is on my way. Hats off to all of these guys for doing it.

The blackbird was a razor that caught my attention as did the dart but at $185 out was not something I wanted to risk getting n not liking too.
The one thing that Raw, Timeless, Blackland, & Above The Tie have that Wolfman doesn't is a return policy. Some are different than others but they are there... Raw has a 14 day period whereas the others are 30 days. None of them reimburse for shipping and Timeless is the only one I know about that has a $10 return fee. I was weary of Raw when they first hit because they were an unknown at the time of release but I think enough time has went by and there are more than enough favorable reviews for the RS-10 that prove Avi has an idea of what he's doing now and he's gaining popularity because of this. Would I buy an RS-10? No... I have 2 Timeless masterpieces that deliver what I need every other day and will last more than my lifetime so I'm set and very happy... I'd have never know this though had I not taken a chance when I bought my Ti95SB though and very grateful I did because I'd still be chasing what I have today which is what I've been looking for, for quite a few year now!!

As far as I know with Blackland you are only out your shipping fee to send it back to them because shipping is free for the razor to you, so why not give them a try? What do you have to lose? Maybe $8-10 in shipping to send it back for a refund if you don't like it? The only risk I see here is you actually liking and keeping the razor you choose is all!!

The one thing that Raw, Timeless, Blackland, & Above The Tie have that Wolfman doesn't is a return policy. Some are different than others but they are there... Raw has a 14 day period whereas the others are 30 days. None of them reimburse for shipping and Timeless is the only one I know about that has a $10 return fee. I was weary of Raw when they first hit because they were an unknown at the time of release but I think enough time has went by and there are more than enough favorable reviews for the RS-10 that prove Avi has an idea of what he's doing now and he's gaining popularity because of this. Would I buy an RS-10? No... I have 2 Timeless masterpieces that deliver what I need every other day and will last more than my lifetime so I'm set and very happy... I'd have never know this though had I not taken a chance when I bought my Ti95SB though and very grateful I did because I'd still be chasing what I have today which is what I've been looking for, for quite a few year now!!

As far as I know with Blackland you are only out your shipping fee to send it back to them because shipping is free for the razor to you, so why not give them a try? What do you have to lose? Maybe $8-10 in shipping to send it back for a refund if you don't like it? The only risk I see here is you actually liking and keeping the razor you choose is all!!

Good info! I also took a chance on the RS10 & so glad I did as it is amazing in every way! Although I do still want some Timeless razors in my den & eventually they will get there, all in good time.

I am so glad I got this .
So a brief review -
the mild plate is awesome, very smooth, better than my Wolfman, 17-4, Timeless 0.94, Blackland. It glides across the skin and you barely feel the blade. One think I did not like about the Blackbird, 17-4 and Wolfman with various handles is the lack of balance - which I believe depends on the razor and the size of hand holding it. For my hands, this razor had perfect balance.

I had a little hard time with the aggressive plate , but this is likely me fault as until recently I had been shaving with my Paradigm SE and that made me very careless. So when I picked up the aggressive plate - I was not as careful as I should have been.

Overall - because of the direction of the hair on my neck - I have a hard time achieving BBS in that area. And so far - only 2 razors have been able to get me close to BBS but not true BBS shave.
The only one that really worked out was Vector because of the very low profile head, but I ended up returning it because I wanted the polished version and at the time I had Paradigm SE.

SO - after using the RS-10 , I emailed AVI asking him if I could return it - with the plans to buy Vector again and of course he said yes. And while I was about to ship it back, literally while waiting in the line at the post office, I was surfing the forums , I read that Raw shaving was closing.
By this time the return package was weighted and I was about to pay - but I changed my mind and decided to keep it.
Came home and checked my mail and saw the Blackland is coming out with the polished version of vector, and this saturday I placed the order.

So - now - after all is said and done, I will have Paradigm SE, Vector Polished and RS-10.
Wolfman/17-4/Timeless have been sold.
I have polished Sabre L1 and L2 plates - will be posting for sale, just being lazy at present.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am so glad I got this .
So a brief review -
the mild plate is awesome, very smooth, better than my Wolfman, 17-4, Timeless 0.94, Blackland. It glides across the skin and you barely feel the blade. One think I did not like about the Blackbird, 17-4 and Wolfman with various handles is the lack of balance - which I believe depends on the razor and the size of hand holding it. For my hands, this razor had perfect balance.

I had a little hard time with the aggressive plate , but this is likely me fault as until recently I had been shaving with my Paradigm SE and that made me very careless. So when I picked up the aggressive plate - I was not as careful as I should have been.

Overall - because of the direction of the hair on my neck - I have a hard time achieving BBS in that area. And so far - only 2 razors have been able to get me close to BBS but not true BBS shave.
The only one that really worked out was Vector because of the very low profile head, but I ended up returning it because I wanted the polished version and at the time I had Paradigm SE.

SO - after using the RS-10 , I emailed AVI asking him if I could return it - with the plans to buy Vector again and of course he said yes. And while I was about to ship it back, literally while waiting in the line at the post office, I was surfing the forums , I read that Raw shaving was closing.
By this time the return package was weighted and I was about to pay - but I changed my mind and decided to keep it.
Came home and checked my mail and saw the Blackland is coming out with the polished version of vector, and this saturday I placed the order.

So - now - after all is said and done, I will have Paradigm SE, Vector Polished and RS-10.
Wolfman/17-4/Timeless have been sold.
I have polished Sabre L1 and L2 plates - will be posting for sale, just being lazy at present.
That was a smart decision! Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Top Bottom