What's new

Raven barber hone?

I got a surprise the other day with an Ebay razor I won. It came with a Raven hone. I have not ever used a barber hone and don't know much about the Raven. Since In my14 or so years of straight shaving I have stropped and honed on just about everything I might as well try it out.

Is the Raven a quality hone? What should it be lapped with? What techniques do you guys use?

Thanks

Never heard of. Send it to me for testing and if no good I'll make arrangements for safe disposal, might be contaminated by previous user <lol>

Can;t tell you about the Raven, but I do have a barber hone, and its great. You can use it dry, to get rid of a lot of metal, and then put lather on for fine honing. By 'a lot of metal' I don't mean as much as one of those rough waterstones, but still a good amount. I think they are great.

Its almost black, same type as a 5.5"/2" Swaty. In the same location where the word Swaty is it says Raven. Its quite hard, a drop of water just pools on it.

I lapped it last night and touched up one of my razors, Nice shave today. Seems to be a finishing stone. I guess I'll keep messin with it.

Top Bottom