What's new

Ratuken is closing forever on June 1

Rakuten Global Express has a system where you register with them and get a Japanese address, then order your stuff to be sent to that address, and they take your order and ship it to you. Seems convoluted but it may be an option. It looks like all they've really done is un-bundled the "Package Forwarding" option to a stand-alone subsidiary that will accept and forward shipments from other Rakuten e-tailers. It sounds more like a way to streamline intl shipping for their affiliates/subsidiaries, and it may encourage customers to shop at the other Rakuten sites since packages are consolidated into one by RGE. Their most likely isn't any actual domestic "free" shipping going on either. I haven't used Rakuten before, but for those off you that have, it will be interesting to see if there is any appreciabe change in the intl shipping rates.

I ordered a box of 10 P30s (300 blades) from the auction site. I've been meaning to do it for some time, knowing that all good things come to an end. Guess this is as a good a time as any. Also I can trim 'em down for use in the injectors. Seems a fair deal. I may sell some off down the road. I may explore their new global shipping options. I found Rakuten fairly easy to use in the past.

I ended up ordering Schick Prolines on the auction site and they were able to ship via DHL. I'm surprised that Rakuten isn't offering DHL shipping to the U.S. I think that should be an option before canceling the orders. Either way, I probably bought them for a similar price.

I ended up ordering Schick Prolines on the auction site and they were able to ship via DHL. I'm surprised that Rakuten isn't offering DHL shipping to the U.S. I think that should be an option before canceling the orders. Either way, I probably bought them for a similar price.
I think I paid $125 after taxes. Cheapest I've seen.

Top Bottom