What's new

Rasurpur Paddle Strop

As some may recall i have been looking at several options for a paddle strop for my son as he does not care for a hanging strop, well after asking lots of questions and doing some research I ended up getting him a Rasurpur Paddle from Martin at http://www.rasurpur.de/english/shop/ Martin was SUPER to deal with and was very, very patient in answering all my questions and making suggestions, so with further delay here are some pics of his Christmas paddle strop.

It's a large interchangeable paddle strop that has a pre finish side and a finish side and the paddles are held in place by small magnets, it's a very well made piece and the components are very well finished.

I had to do a little testing on it to make sure it was good :lol: and i have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it would take some getting used to but it does have some flex but nothing like a hanging strop, I honestly believe it will keep a razor well maintained, the napped side is very similar to the Kanayama suede and the Bridle side has a very fast almost glassy draw but and sure it will give just a bit once it's broke in.

Not sure i would need one as i have 4 strops but its pretty enough just to own one to display

Packaging after taking from well padded box:
$IMG_5624.jpg

English Bridle Side:
$IMG_5625.jpg

Napped Clear
$IMG_5626.jpg

Bottom cut relief to give flex:
$IMG_5627.jpg

Back side of replaceable panels with magnets:
$IMG_5628.jpg

Wow, what a nice strop! I haven't tried a paddle strop yet, but I wouldn't mind giving one a shot. Hopefully he likes it!

Have you used it on a razor yet???

Yes sir I have, it does not flex as much as a hanging strop but does give some and the suede is velvety smooth and the leather is very glassy but I am sure it will have some draw later on as the leather wears.

The stropping area is rather generous measuring 75MM x 295MM ( 2.95" x 11.6" ) When I stropped the first rested the paddle on my knee and also held out and resting it on my knee felt more natural.

Top Bottom