What's new

Rare Super Speed

I wonder if it will sell?

If it does I have some ocean front property on Arizona to sell to the person that buys that razor.

Josh.

The price is high but if you don't want it I will put it in my collection and truly have one know one has.

:001_tongu

Like Drinking and Shaving, Drinking and Writing your ebay listing maybe isn't smart, as one know one has.

-jim

I wonder if it will sell?

If it does I have some ocean front property on Arizona to sell to the person that buys that razor.

Josh.

I will spend $10 for a plastic case (I am developing a weakness for cased razors :sad:). Maybe there is some sort of economy of scale?

-jim

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Dude, I just saw one of those on Craigslist for like a hundred bucks.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/1662829064.html

XD somebody on eBay is pricing rather high.

For some reason, the ability of people to make comparisons logically when selling a razor go out the window, so I wouldn't trust that craigs list razor without some better close up photos.

I saw a guy yesterday on e-bay listing a beat up Old Type for several hundred dollars and he had a link comparing his to another razor, saying "mine is comparable to this one", and the link was to a cased Aristocrat in mint condition.

V

VR6ofpain

Considering the source (glasgowgoodies), I bet it is nothing more than a modifiered Super Speed. Someone with a machine shop could have cut those pieces out of a normal Super Speed head. It looks a bit different than a Senator, with the rounded cut outs. There is no way Gillette would tool up for this, just to try it on a single razor and give up.

I call BS on this razor. It was definitely modified by the seller or a previous owner, who had access to a machine shop of some sort.

I don't think you can make that out of a superspeed. It has metal where there shouldn't be. You would have to weld something else in there and then cut it out. I think it's legit.

Considering the source (glasgowgoodies), I bet it is nothing more than a modifiered Super Speed. Someone with a machine shop could have cut those pieces out of a normal Super Speed head. It looks a bit different than a Senator, with the rounded cut outs. There is no way Gillette would tool up for this, just to try it on a single razor and give up.

I call BS on this razor. It was definitely modified by the seller or a previous owner, who had access to a machine shop of some sort.

It clearly isn't a razor created from a production Flare Tip. One look at one will show that.

+1 Beat me to it.

I don't think you can make that out of a superspeed. It has metal where there shouldn't be. You would have to weld something else in there and then cut it out. I think it's legit.

I'm holding the same model SS in my hand. It looks identical to me except fro the parts of the bar that were machined out (by Gillette or, my opinion, a user). I can see how it could be done.

All that being said, I think it's a cool idea. Not a cool $500 idea, but cool nonetheless.

Steve

Take a closer look at your safety bar. See the two cut-out spots on each side where your whiskers and lather pass through? Those are absent from this one.
Now, I can definitely see how a slight modification of the machinery used to produce the senator would work to make this.

Top Bottom