What's new

Rare "Silver Tip" Gillette?

Good day, gentlemen!

By pure chance I did find online (and bought it, even if I did not receive it yet) a Gillette that I didn't know about it, until now. It's a 1951 Super Speed. w Code. Not a black tip, but a... silver tip. The twisting knob has the same design as the black plastic one, only it's made of metal. It looks like being nickel plated. I've tried to find more information about it, without success. Does anyone know what is that? For how long it was produced by Gillette? I'll attach an image (it's not my razor, the seller posted a very low quality picture of it). I did find this picture on Etsy's archives, of an already sold razor:
Thank you for your time gentlemen!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 99
@nemo, thank you very much, Sir!
I just went through those talks and indeed, that was quite informative. That helped a lot.

Just to chime in, I do have the Super Speed 1951 date code W 1 myself so I can confirm, yea they do exist. Mine is replated Nickel and the bottom is no plastic knob

Gillette went from not putting date codes on for a period of time (1931 to 1951) then to putting them on and the 1st year of re putting on date codes was in 1951.

Good day, gentlemen!

By pure chance I did find online (and bought it, even if I did not receive it yet) a Gillette that I didn't know about it, until now. It's a 1951 Super Speed. w Code. Not a black tip, but a... silver tip. The twisting knob has the same design as the black plastic one, only it's made of metal. It looks like being nickel plated. I've tried to find more information about it, without success. Does anyone know what is that? For how long it was produced by Gillette? I'll attach an image (it's not my razor, the seller posted a very low quality picture of it). I did find this picture on Etsy's archives, of an already sold razor:
Thank you for your time gentlemen!
Great! Now I have another vintage Gillette to search for. I have the aluminum handle black tip, W3. Didn't know your razor existed. Searched my collection to no avail. The hunt begins!

Top Bottom