What's new

rapira swedish super stainless and ladas

hey people so used this de razor blade rapira swedish super stainless the other day,
i actually like it, seems sharp, not as sharp as say a nacet, wilkinson sword or feather,
did seem smooth but definately not the most smoothest,
saying that my hair is coarse and thick so i can only get a few shaves out of one blade either way,
anyways overall i like them, rate them and would use them again

i tried ladas blade yesterday and just didnt seem sharp enough to deal with my thick, coarse hair tbh,
neither sharp or smooth imo, i really dont rate these ladas blades

anyways just my 2 cents and thought i'd share my thoughts :)

If you want a blade like the Rapira Swedish Supersteel but sharper, try the Rapira Platinum Lux.
cool, i got a sampler pack so got over hundred different blades to try out, so ill be sure to try out the rapira platinum lux,
how does it compare in regards to sharpness and smoothness to say a gillette nacet or wilkinson sword or feather?

I find the Feather a sharp, yet very rough blade, and I've never used the Nacet or Wilkinson. The Rapira Platinum Lux is not as sharp as Feather (few blades are), but much smoother to me. However, blade preference is very personal and subjective, and often changes with the razor used.

Note also that I have coarse hair, sensitive skin, and rarely try more than two shaves with a blade.

Reactions: saj
I find the Feather a sharp, yet very rough blade, and I've never used the Nacet or Wilkinson. The Rapira Platinum Lux is not as sharp as Feather (few blades are), but much smoother to me. However, blade preference is very personal and subjective, and often changes with the razor used.

Note also that I have coarse hair, sensitive skin, and rarely try more than two shaves with a blade.
cool, thanks for sharing your experience bud, are you a facial or head shaver?

Just a daily face shaver.

May favorite blade is the Personna Lab/Med prep. I find it sharp and smooth.

yea a lot of people seem to like those, got it in the sampler pack still need to try it out though,
thing is though mate theres like well over a hundred different blades in the sampler packs,
sometimes you just dont know which one to try first lol

Sometimes it's also not the blade, but rather you're still perfecting your technique, might be reacting to a bad soap, etc.

It's fun to revisit certain blades you though you didn't like months or years laters and see if it still holds true.

So, in light of our discussion, I used a Platinum Lux tonight for my daily shave with my Rockwell 6S, R4 plate.

Definitely a sharp, smooth blade, and a DFS shave. For me, the blade feels just a little less sharp and smooth than my favorite Personna Lab, but still top tier.

I also like the slightly less sharp Swedish Supersteel, just in more aggressive razors.

The Rapira Swedish Super Steel is one of my favorite blades. I find it very smooth and decently sharp and for me performs better than the Rapira Platinums.

Top Bottom