What's new

Rapira Super Stainless...

I know, I know... YMMV. :)

I just wanted to let you guys know that I got a REALLY nice shave from a blade you don't really hear much about.... the Rapira Super Stainless.

My current favorite blade is the Astra Superior Platinum blade in the O.D. Green box. The razor I used was a vintage blue tip Gillette. For soap I used a puck of classic shave lime/coconut with a shot of Kiss My Face Lime. I shaved my face and head and got a DFS-BBS shave. If I try for much more than this with any blade so far I get a good bit of irritation. I did a 4 pass shave on my face WTG, WTG, XTG, ATG.

When I rubbed my razor rock on my face I couldn't even feel it!! NO IRRITATION AT ALL! WOW! Finished up with lemon witch hazel.

If you like the Astra's you might give this one a try.....

Tom

I really like the rapiras too... the only thing I didn't like about them is that everytime I take one out of a razor after 3 shaves, there seems to be some brownish spots on the blade. Strange for a stainless steel blade. But as mentionned... I never get any irritation from these blades, and no tugging

I use the Rapira in the Pink/Black/Blue pack and love them, along with my Personna Meds and Astra SP, I picked up 100 Rapiras for the miserly price of $6.25.

Looks like Tom Krein and MFToms are using the same blade. But I just opened a new Arko stick to air a little, so may be a bit dizzy. :001_smile

Any occasion, I'll have to put them on the list.

Looks like Tom Krein and MFToms are using the same blade. But I just opened a new Arko stick to air a little, so may be a bit dizzy. :001_smile

Any occasion, I'll have to put them on the list.

I received a Free Pack in June from Bestshave.net with an order of Old Spice Shave Cream, I thought they would be as rough as the Free Perma-Sharps I had received and forgot about them. I dug them out in September, had a very smooth & comfortable four shaves with one, and promptly ordered 100. These and the Personna Meds give the greatest amount of comfortable Shaves per Blade and these are way less than the Personna Meds.

Can somebody confirm if Rapiras :: Swedish Supersteel, Super Stainless, end Supersteel (spelled in Russian), are the same blades?

This morning I used a Merkur Mergress LH, Ogallala Bay Rum Soap, with a Monarch WM brush with a new Rapira SS blade and received a perfect very smooth BBS. The price of this blade is also unbelievable cheap.

so can someone tell me what is the difference between the stainless in the pink/blue/black wrapper and the ones in the all red packing ones. they are both the basic inexpensive super stainless. are they the same blade?

otherwise i like the voskhods and the swede / lux's also in the right razor.

Can you imagine that I get some of the best shaves of my life with Rapira Sweedish Supersteel(top 5 blades), while Rapira Super Stainless (Black,pink, blue package) is giving me some of the worst shaves ever.

I really like the rapiras too... the only thing I didn't like about them is that everytime I take one out of a razor after 3 shaves, there seems to be some brownish spots on the blade. Strange for a stainless steel blade. But as mentioned... I never get any irritation from these blades, and no tugging

These are my favorite blade; perfect, irritation free shave for me every time. I have horded about 3000 because they are so cheap. I will concede that I have very hard water and have the same problem with rust. I solved this by dipping the loaded head of the razor in some rubbing alcohol for about 5 seconds after the shave, and no more rust issues. They are so inexpensive I only use them for 3 shaves, so works out to a little more than $.02 per shave.

> I use the Rapira in the Pink/Black/Blue pack and love them

+1

Plus... you can buy 400 of them for $30 shipped on eBay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom